England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
HaloJ said:
Aye. Wasn't there an estimated combined cost somewhere in the region £20,000 a few weeks ago?
I think we went for 10K+ in the end, it was when we were sitting amongst the cars from the motorshow at Canary Wharf, wondering if our bikes were worth more than one of the Hyundais we were sitting amongst...

zimzum42 said:
I think we went for 10K+ in the end, it was when we were sitting amongst the cars from the motorshow at Canary Wharf, wondering if our bikes were worth more than one of the Hyundais we were sitting amongst...

Two Planet X + one hot rod Izalco + Andy's recumberumba is verging on the £13k mark - add in some Specialized 'odds and sods' ;), and it is creeping up to Halo's target...
Let alone the street value of the talent atop the bikes!:becool:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
HaloJ said:
....plus probably about a thousand pound worth of garmin and ride tracking equipment. :laugh:

Mind you- these garmins in the hands of Arallsopp and Teef combined can be worthless and useless... Will be along again sometime in the next month or two. Just need to sort out a place to live (for those in the know- all this time has been a faff - nothing sorted, been given a right royal run around). See you all soon with all these new upgrades to kit and bikes!! Honestly...it's like some grassroots level Assos catalogue of the who's who in the bike world; let's not even go there with the bling bikes!!

Aperitif said:
Two Planet X + one hot rod Izalco + Andy's recumberumba is verging on the £13k mark - add in some Specialized 'odds and sods' :laugh:, and it is creeping up to Halo's target...
Let alone the street value of the talent atop the bikes!:sad:

Odds and Sods.........I will get the Roubaix SL3 next time:tongue:

potsy

Rambler
ttcycle said:
Mind you- these garmins in the hands of Arallsopp and Teef combined can be worthless and useless... Will be along again sometime in the next month or two. Just need to sort out a place to live (for those in the know- all this time has been a faff - nothing sorted, been given a right royal run around). See you all soon with all these new upgrades to kit and bikes!! Honestly...it's like some grassroots level Assos catalogue of the who's who in the bike world; let's not even go there with the bling bikes!!
Better get some stabilisers fitted tt,you'll have forgotten how to ride it's been that long;)

Pls. send a photo of your bike and the RRP to topcat, gaz - he is the arbiter of good taste...and you have plenty of technological competition these days, it's not just a 'front and back video' that gets you qualification for a Sunday roll-out.

And, in keeping with the spirit of the ride, on being cut up, carved up or left hooked, one exclaims "I say, excuuuuuse me!" - not "Oi" L122ARD! :biggrin:

And Grace, it will be good to see you when you're settled. Meantime, practice 'coffeecoffeecycle' - not ttcycle...we are SO loved up on the SLRcgtgS, we don't 'do' tea bars :biggrin:
:smile:

PS Only joking gaz...:tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The sooner you are back out on the bike with da massive, the better it is for you and us. :tongue:

ttcycle said:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
oi Teef- what's wrong with T? I'll have a nice cup of tea thanks...there will be an uproar in the cafe...I'll settle for coffee it if's been doled out.

I hope it's soon too Ian!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
3 or 4 of us for sunday?
i'm thinking ;) alley pally the pub might be open

or greenwich observatory for the view via the greenwich tunnel (lifts out)

Top Bottom