England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No probs mate.. we did check to see if you were hanging around HPC...try make next Sunday of you can.

zimzum42 said:
Sorry not to have made it, got in at 4am last night, and had a ticket for the final day of the test, forgot all about that!

ianrauk said:
Nice pics 'teef.....

Clive.. can you post up the data of the ride?
Cheers

Today's ride. here

Garmin couldn't get a satellite for the first couple of miles my end but otherwise its all good.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Copy the link you want ie your garmin link
Type 'Here'
Highlight it.
Click on the Hyperlink Symbol. (atlas with link above)
Copy the link into the box.
Hey Presto(n) your done.

redflightuk said:
Got back to sunny Hertfordshire about ten mins ago. 81 miles on the clock so far(got to go to the stables later) 3000+ feet of climbing which should get me the king of the mountains on bikewire. A great ride around parts of London i've not seen before, but once i've moved into one of those nice little houses teef showed us {i wish). Thanks all for a great morning in the smoke.

Redflight, good to meet you today. Forgot to ask but what was that rather useful looking bum bag you were sporting?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
A nice ride today after meeting up at the dt we had a brisk ride into town and met up with martin.

John/ redflight showed up which was a nice surprise then we were off parking and riding.

We passed some old bloke on a bike who i recognised from school, he's the same age as me but he looked old enough to be my dad :biggrin: nice to see you robert

I've got an odd set of wheels (a front and rear from 2 wheel sets) which i use as my light london wheels so as not to wreck the new eastons. Well, martin had us off roading today, so wise choice he also had us going up a lot of hills today which was fun:laugh:.

All in 43 miles , i bonked at 39 and needed some refreshment so we stopped for some coffee and a cycle chat.

Mista Preston said:
Redflight, good to meet you today. Forgot to ask but what was that rather useful looking bum bag you were sporting?
Nice to meet you too. The bumbag is a North Face sport hiker, i got it from Cotswold outdoor. Its comfortable to carry as long as you don't have anything heavy inside and its got a handy pocket for a map that you can reach without taking it off,and two mesh pockets on the belt.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Sorry to have missed this one, all. Felt a little achy (sp?) on Saturday, all over nastiness Sunday, then Monday morning still a little groggy. Evey was 24hrs behind this time, so was OK Sat, not so good Sunday, then awful yesterday.

Annoyingly, post bank holiday weekend we're fine. I'm wondering whether to set up a new cyclogs account for all the miles I'm missing at the moment. I reckon I'm already 180 miles up from missing the FNRttC and this one alone :biggrin:

Sounds like a good time had by all though. Chances of my being on the next one are slim to none. If we haven't had Darcey in the next 10 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes and 43 seconds, we're switching to manual.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No worries Andy.. hang in there, luv to Evey, Hug for Teddy, manly handshake for you.. see you soon and no doubt you will keep us all updated.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
all of 5 seconds to reply...I'm away for a bit and speed scan reading tells me that Dave has posh brown shoes, there's been a table turning moment for Ian and attempts at stalking...

What's happened to you all?!!!!

Quick update - do plan to be back on the ride but may still be some time yet as awaiting sorting housing (long story) but do miss the fun banter...glad to see it's still alive and well!

Take care and hope to see you all soon! Keep riding!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The CycleChat Bromley Massive Luvs ya and misses ya Grace.. hope to see you soon. And that offer of tea/coffee anytime still stands..

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Mista Preston said:
Today's ride. here

Garmin couldn't get a satellite for the first couple of miles my end but otherwise its all good.

Heh, I recognise that height profile although I normally climb past Hampstead station rather than across the heath. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34853470

With the weather looking unpleasant and a promise of doing the gardening I bailed (I slept in as well). Myself and Martok shall be along to a Sunday ride soon though.

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The weather turned out fine in the end.
Mista Preston was suitably overdressed :biggrin:

Be good to see you both on a ride one Sunday..

HaloJ said:
With the weather looking unpleasant and a promise of doing the gardening I bailed (I slept in as well). Myself and Martok shall be along to a Sunday ride soon though.

Abs

Top Bottom