England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agreed Dave - the Central London 'Park and Ride' could well be a CycleChat 'picnic' (no rum) tour. If we had traversed the Heath and Bishops Avenue etc - it would have delivered us to HP at about midday - ready for all the CC wenches to have fixed lunch :sad: :tongue:

Good company - and when I shift myself, I'll post some more pics.
I was sorely tempted to have a raffle today - I thought there might have been a few more.
A bottle of Nosegay was first prize. :biggrin:

t7k02c.jpg

Lord Luke an' I with our guard of honour - the magic of self-timer! :ohmy:

14433gm.jpg

Image concealed so as not to offend - the shadow did it!

Prince Andrew joined us for the ride and he mentioned that he was fed up riding old bikes and was looking for something new...

2vxqcr6.jpg

It was a toss-up who was moving quicker. The Falun Gong devotee - or Clive!

34xhwjq.jpg

McP***s - sorry Clive - I completely forgot!

33o1u0h.jpg

Clive and the Tattooed Beat Messiah.

2lu9va0.jpg

Andy, and Luke; warm.

2exq4xe.jpg

Trafalgar Square excelled itself with a bottle shaped tarpaulin on the 'spare' plinth.

72wsic.jpg

Parliament Square - I went for a scout around...

m96lxz.jpg

Taking the Mickey? Moi? Never...

nd8n5x.jpg

The London Junior Rugby League Clubs

2uswqjc.jpg

I found my nose at Trafalgar Square!

5nrptt.jpg

Roy Rogers afficionado proclaiming why we like Jesus. 'Christ'. ;)

3020z1f.jpg

jam central in Oxford St. Big fire in a pub apparently...

2upw8jb.jpg

Mmmmm! Regulo 3 for a few hours...perfectly baked! :laugh:

Oh! I forgot the heffalumps!
33nkadg.jpg

About 110kms+ on a beautiful day - long may we have them.

sod it, the wife has announced that I am helping put up my sister in laws fence on Sunday so I am out of the ride and I am also out of the Friday night ride as well......

Any thoughts on a Sat AM or Monday AM ride?

If you want to do another section of the Park and Ride - the bit that takes in Hampsted Heath etc, that's a possibility - more or less the same time frame, might involve a crash (I'm wearing shin pads), enabling Clive to get back for his Cow and Gate pureed veg by the required time.:tongue:
Or a visit somewhere interesting? (Not inc. a McP*ss, or loitering with intent at the bogs in HP) ;)

Anyone who reads this and lives within reach of Hyde Park Corner. We will be at Wellington Arch - just look out for a CycleChat jersey or two and people gossiping.
Rides are not epics (necessarily:whistle:) and enable time to enjoy the day after we have acted selfishly in sitting on a pedal powered device for a while. Anyone is welcome - for the fun of 'it'. Come along.
Or should the meet point be changed to the Hyde Park conveniences?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
9.30 ha ha, at about 9.50 you'll see a blur of cc riders going up grosvenor place heading for the johns' along the serpentine

3 hour blast to southend today, the nano is fettle free :wacko:

is it 8.30 at the dt?

anyone heard from ttcycle or sig?

Top Bottom