England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I had a run East this morning then a train ride back to meet up at HPC where to my surprise there was 8 of them TT, Mark Luke n Alice?
Stu (that's right longdistance Stu) Clarion and 2 Butterflys

Sorry Chris fatboys didn't appeal today, so we went on to the viewtube where we snacked to the sound of Jazz and Calipso, we then done a lap of the Velodome and went onto the ferry.

The viewtube was selling flying saucers

Last edited:
That reminds me. There's a TfL consultation document on river crossings here - https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/river-crossings As the Woolwich Free Ferry has been a popular downstream river crossing for Sunday rides I thought it might be relevant. It does look like it's framed to get rid of the ferry, or at least the free bit of free ferry. No info about charges for cyclists if new ferries, either at Woolwich or Gallions Reach, are commissioned.
They handed out consultation documents to every driver on the ferry today. Not to pedestrians or cyclists, though we got a couple. Getting rid of the ferry would be a disaster.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That was my first SLR (starts are usually way too early for me to make them, sadly). And very fittingly, it was to celebrate the birthday of the lovely person who started this very thread 332 pages ago, @ttcycle! I hadn't seen Grace since the Christmas Fridays do, and before that probably the previous do, and I can't remember the last time we rode together. Great to put that right at last. Splendid weather, splendid company, most excellent all-day breakfast followed by bread pudding at the View Tube, more than made up for a sardine-can train journey up and an equally tedious though less crowded journey back. Even found a bit of speed for the last leg home. Instead of Fratton (my usual stop, a couple of miles from home), I got off at Bedhampton, eight minutes up the line and five and a half miles from home. I thought that as it was a much easier exit from the station, roads likely to be quieter (and two or three miles on a decent off-road path anyway), might as well ride a bit further. With the aid of a tailwind and a well timed traffic light, home in under twenty minutes, 16.7 mph average :smile:
Thanks all!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm really sorry but have ended up out of London this weekend.

Anyone up for the Eton ride next week?

c'mon... details...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Start HPC at half nine or ten I guess. Should be able to get there in a couple of hours, it's about 25 miles I think. Grab some lunch then ride back. So guess you would be in Central London by 3pm unless you want to hang out longer...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Start HPC at half nine or ten I guess. Should be able to get there in a couple of hours, it's about 25 miles I think. Grab some lunch then ride back. So guess you would be in Central London by 3pm unless you want to hang out longer...

Sounds good. I'll be at HPC for 9.30

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Mate, sorry, I'm going to have to bail on this.. family reasons.
Lets do another weekend OK.

Top Bottom