England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
we all follow the Topcat....

rb58

Enigma
Great. Last night the Met Office said warm and dry for today. Got up and it's raining hard and forecast is for rain all day. Wrong bike, wrong clothes. I should still be there by 9.00am but am making some quick adjustments.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Great. Last night the Met Office said warm and dry for today. Got up and it's raining hard and forecast is for rain all day. Wrong bike, wrong clothes. I should still be there by 9.00am but am making some quick adjustments.

Rain has cleared from here. Both BBC and the Norwegians saying clear all day.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Nigel you missed a mad dash for beers after Arnold and i missed our train

then a young lady got a surprise as she didn't lock the loo on the train and a young chap pressed the button :giggle:

Stock with a little bit of Mousekettering you cant beat that

rb58

Enigma
He definitely said it was going to be a 12 - 14mph average!!

Bit of a headwind on the way back, but otherwise a really good day out. I think we should have turned left after the reservoir, not right. And going from Wickford to Battlesbridge added a couple of miles too - looking at the map, it seems there was a more direct route. Sorry chaps! Got my century though, and at over 15mph, so pretty pleased with that.

Thanks for organising Dave. Nice shirt.

EDIT: Oh, and my tan lines are coming on nicely.

EDIT 2: Has your foot dried out yet @ianrauk ?

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hahah thanks @rb58 , the foot soon dried out. *make note to self - when unclipping by grass verge, check for water filled potholes first*

Thanks for the trip guys, a really nice day out.
As soon as we got to Leigh On Sea I could see it was very busy so thought best that I just turn around and get on my way back home. Can imagine getting served anywhere may have been a nightmare. Stopped at a garage for a sarnie, some choccie and bottle of coke. Did the classic SMRbtH to Dartford, but instead of doing the crossing decided to carry on through Purfleet, Rainham, Dagenham and Barking (all the nice parts of east London ^_^), got the Woolwich ferry across the water and skeedaddled home.
So 110 miles on the clock and a respectable 16mph. Can feel the sunburn.

Was really nice to see @iZaP and @Nigel182 , been a while guys, don't leave it too long next time.

s'funny with the Garmin. It stopped recording the map after Forest Stop but continued to record the stats.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Funny that every time Ian kept asking does anyone need sun lotion i was thinking "you cant drink it"

i pressed reset on the go pro by mistake and ballsed up my settings

First time stopping at Old Leigh my my what a busy place, we got some beers and chips then rode along to Shoeburyness, the sun blanked out the ticket machine so it took some
time for us to buy tickets then missed the train, there was a nice beer garden around the corner so we answered the call of "more beer"

Oh man did you see that chopped motorbike round the reservoir? love it

Sounds like a good day alround
Think the Bank Holiday Weekend made for a busy Leigh but it can sometimes be just as busy.
Looking forward to the next Sunday Ride will try and sort my weekends off and try and stick to them.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Nice day but no one is here... :-(

image.jpg

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Sorry mate but Ross mentioned Church hill so I had to go and walk up it
Bread and Cheese hill isn't too bad - it's better than Church Hill which runs parallel with it. Essex Way on the other hand - that's a tough one (maybe we should go that way just for a laugh?)

Top Bottom