England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
H
I'm thinking of an easy ride to Southend (12-14 mph)
How about Old Leigh instead? Only 2 or 3 miles before Southend. Cockle sheds, a couple of decent pubs and a railway station right next door (Leigh on sea - direct to Fenchurch Street).

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
H

How about Old Leigh instead? Only 2 or 3 miles before Southend. Cockle sheds and a railway station right next door (Leigh on sea - direct to Fenchurch Street).

As long as i can get a coffee, 9am HPC anyone else joining us? Grace, Luke, Abs,( User :rofl: ) Becs?..................... What's happend to all these people?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for the warm welcoming back guys! :smile: Hopefully we'll meet on the road soon!

Sunday? Be nice to have you along.

rb58

Enigma
@topcat1 They do Coffee at Osborne's

What's the SP for the day
1 Gear
Loads of Gears
or
Either of the above ????
If it's dry, I'll have gears. If it's wet, I'll be fixed.

Dave - have you got a route? I've ridden London to Southend loads of times, but my routes tend to be more functional and direct, than scenic and leisurely. Are we going via Stock?

If it's dry, I'll have gears. If it's wet, I'll be fixed.

Dave - have you got a route? I've ridden London to Southend loads of times, but my routes tend to be more functional and direct, than scenic and leisurely. Are we going via Stock?

@rb58 I know from Thurrock Services Junction 31 of the M25 (my neck of the Woods) but that does involve Bread and Cheese Hill...bit of a Monster The route via Stock is Scenic and I think Flatter

rb58

Enigma
Nice and leisurely via Stock would be nice.. with a nice quick ride back
I might not be riding back until later as I'll probably pop in and see my Mum whilst I'm there.
@rb58 I know from Thurrock Services Junction 31 of the M25 (my neck of the Woods) but that does involve Bread and Cheese Hill...bit of a Monster The route via Stock is Scenic and I think Flatter
I know the way - it's a regular route of mine - but I tend to go >Grays>Stanford-le-Hope>Vange>Pitsea, which is pretty direct, but not very scenic. Running a bit further north and heading into Southend Lea via Rayleigh is a nicer route.
Bread and Cheese hill isn't too bad - it's better than Church Hill which runs parallel with it. Essex Way on the other hand - that's a tough one (maybe we should go that way just for a laugh?)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Was planning on stopping for coffee at the forest centre (big cake slices ) then taking Sigs backroad route to skirt Brentwood then join the Stock route

Top Bottom