England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

Your foot will get a puncture. Inevitably.
They don't have kevlar keet yet :whistle:

Just back from my First London Sunday Ride.
Great company nice to See Tim and Dave again ages since I last saw them and also met Joe
Had a good trip down to the Velodrome and a lap of it also.....albeit a Lap of the outside....but still a lap, then a trip over the Thames via Cable Car.
All in 56 miles from home to HPC London Ride and back home....good training for the forthcoming FNRttC's.
And also the First of many Sunday Rides too I hope.
Managed a few pics hopefully the correct link to the set I've put on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nigel_joe/sets/72157643158646705/

U

User10571

Great company nice to See Tim and Dave again ages since I last saw them and also met Joe
Had a good trip down to the Velodrome and a lap of it also.....albeit a Lap of the outside....but still a lap, then a trip over the Thames via Cable Car.
All in 56 miles from home to HPC London Ride and back home....good training for the forthcoming FNRttC's.

Choice.
Sorry that circumstances prevented an appearance....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

So, velodrome, south on the ferry, north on the cable car, that sounds like a good day out. Sorry that circumstances intervened and I couldn't make it. I gather @Andrew_Culture didn't make it either while he was up from Ipswich. Still, as a father of little ones a rare sleep in is well deserved.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I have some pics too
aHsjVQWswF
With Nigel Tim and Joe already setting off just as i reached HPC it's amazing how i'm always late considering i'm only 5 minutes away
we headed off to the velopark with a stop at the viewtube for coffee then a cruise along the Exel centre then Cable car

A nice mornings ride, great to see you guys today

Last edited:

Tim Hall

So, velodrome, south on the ferry, north on the cable car, that sounds like a good day out. Sorry that circumstances intervened and I couldn't make it. I gather @Andrew_Culture didn't make it either while he was up from Ipswich. Still, as a father of little ones a rare sleep in is well deserved.
Not quite. HPC, Parliament square, Embankment, Blackfriars Underpants, Aldgate, Bow Flyover, some faffing, View Tube (pasteis de nata, nom!), River Lea/Lee, Olympic Park, Velodrome (which opens tomorrow!), Greenway, Canning Town, more faffing, Excel, cable car. Split of the group - TC and I go Greenwich, London Bridge, Blackfriars, Embankment, Parliament Square. The ferry was on Nigel's bit.

Top day, thanks very much.

Snaps are here.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Nigel182 , good to see you out bud... be even better seeing you on a FNR

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

I slept in for TWO HOURS. Amazing.

Tim Hall

So where is the location of the chains, hook & cable hanging from 'nothing' ?
Outside the Excel centre. It's part of a larger piece with a couple of stevedores and a supervisor bod, gathered round a pallet of goods from all over.The theory we came up with was they were so busy watching the pallet they didn't notice that some light fingered wotsit had the crane away.

Edit: It's called "Landed". Linky.

U

User10571

Outside the Excel centre. It's part of a larger piece with a couple of stevedores and a supervisor bod, gathered round a pallet of goods from all over.The theory we came up with was they were so busy watching the pallet they didn't notice that some light fingered wotsit had the crane away.

Edit: It's called "Landed". Linky.
I think the minimalist way in which you have dealt with the subject, is rather good.
Unlike the photo on your linky, which disappoints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom