England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Mice works for Woodrups :tongue: ,nice blog Mice

A very expensive ride yesterday, the fixed was shunned for fear of the Pally, was great to see Mice's giraffes at the zoo
(yes they are hers)

the coffee at Rapha beats LMNH but we both ended up paying three figures for it (look out for a pink Mice)

by the way Mice you're suppost to wear cleat covers with the speedplays, i think you've worn them out

Wanda i cant hear you i've got my headphones on :music:

Last edited:
Mice works for Woodrups :tongue: ,nice blog Mice

A very expensive ride yesterday, the fixed was shunned for fear of the Pally, was great to see Mice'es giraffes at the zoo
(yes they are hers)

the coffee at Rapha beats LMNO but we both ended up paying three figures for it (look out for a pink Mice)

by the way Mice you're suppost to wear cleat covers with the speedplays, i think you've worn them out

Wanda i cant hear you i've got my headphones on :music:

Thanks TC1 am v happy to see you like my blog Wooohoooo! And it's true....I am a bit keen on my Woodrup @vernon is responsible for that!

Pink Mice - hahahahahaha brilliant! And so true! Not sure @charlie b will think the giraffes are mine but they are just beautiful creatures.

As for the speed plays - I thought I was going for a bike ride not a shopping spree! The biggest problem with the Speedplays is the fact that they don't approve of mud - something that has featured rather heavily on a couple of London Brompton Club rides!

All good though, a great day and a lot of fun.

Am looking forward to the next one (will check tyres a bit sooner)

Mice :hello:

PS thank you for the pics - real action shots of a great pootle!

Yes, it's a sad fact of life with Speedplays. :sad: Apparently it's because the engagement mechanism is in the cleat on the bottom of the shoe rather than in the pedal as with most other road pedals. Pedals, you can keep out of the mud. Bottom of your shoes, not so much. Hence the "coffee covers" - I keep a set in my jersey/jacket pocket and put them on every time I get off the bike. There is however still the problem of putting a foot down each time you stop.

I've been giving mine a thorough clean and re-lube after every single ride. A bit tiresome but after a few days out going from :huh: to :scratch:to :unsure: to :ohmy: to :thumbsdown: eventually to :eek: terrifed that I couldn't clip out, cleaning daily is worth it, if only to avoid :B).

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Pink Mice
IMAG0256.jpg IMAG0257.jpg

Yes, it's a sad fact of life with Speedplays. :sad: Apparently it's because the engagement mechanism is in the cleat on the bottom of the shoe rather than in the pedal as with most other road pedals. Pedals, you can keep out of the mud. Bottom of your shoes, not so much. Hence the "coffee covers" - I keep a set in my jersey/jacket pocket and put them on every time I get off the bike. There is however still the problem of putting a foot down each time you stop.

I've been giving mine a thorough clean and re-lube after every single ride. A bit tiresome but after a few days out going from :huh: to :scratch:to :unsure: to :ohmy: to :thumbsdown: eventually to :eek: terrifed that I couldn't clip out, cleaning daily is worth it, if only to avoid :B).

:thumbsup:
Ha! @velovoice Me thinks that the real issue with Speedplays is AKA Bog who took us through a mudfest. And if you'd seen the puddle we cycled through on Saturday it was like a Banoffie Pie - liquid on the top, thicker and thicker as we rode through it - the end of which was a sort of sand. How we stayed upright I have no idea!

Ha! @velovoice Me thinks that the real issue with Speedplays is AKA Bog who took us through a mudfest. And if you'd seen the puddle we cycled through on Saturday it was like a Banoffie Pie - liquid on the top, thicker and thicker as we rode through it - the end of which was a sort of sand. How we stayed upright I have no idea!

Ha! Yes, of course that obviously is the cause! He should have conducted a group cleat-cleaning session afterwards!
And you look great in pink. And purple, too, obviously.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'd be interested in joining you guys for a pootle around London this weekend. When and where do you meet?
It's usually at 9.30am at Wellington Arch on Hyde Park Corner (note: not Marble Arch). I haven't been on one of these for a while and unfortunately won't be there this weekend either. Apparently I'm riding 100 miles in the rain to somewhere. :tongue:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Right, I started this thread I can't even remember what year now and I've not got a regular commute at the moment, so need a cleat to the backside. Some background health stuff to be careful of but I need to get back on SLRs, unfit and getting to the stage of rolling me through doors. I've been huffing and puffing my way around shortish distances so need a flat route, bimbling pace and keep the mileage not ridiculous (I can always peel off early).

I'm a bit crap at checking in as life is busy at the mo but I'll try and keep an eye on the thread.

Not around this Sunday but let's do this! Saturday though not traditional is also possible or in the week for none 9-5ers.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Right, I started this thread I can't even remember what year now and I've not got a regular commute at the moment, so need a cleat to the backside. Some background health stuff to be careful of but I need to get back on SLRs, unfit and getting to the stage of rolling me through doors. I've been huffing and puffing my way around shortish distances so need a flat route, bimbling pace and keep the mileage not ridiculous (I can always peel off early).

I'm a bit crap at checking in as life is busy at the mo but I'll try and keep an eye on the thread.

Not around this Sunday but let's do this! Saturday though not traditional is also possible or in the week for none 9-5ers.
First post Jan 28 2010.

PS: Yay!

Top Bottom