England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Anyone out tomorrow? I'm planning a couple of laps of Hyde Park and a coffee at Look Mum's if anyone wants to join me. I'll need to leave London by 12 latest though as I've got tickets for Fuerzabruta in the afternoon - if it's still on that is after the incident with the scenery yesterday. Cheers.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was going to come out but the frost looked pretty thick so I waited...and waited. I did get out eventually though and made my way to the café in the Olympic Park, near the Vélodrome. They do a decent coffee in there.
View attachment 36142
Is that open to the public yet ? I was reading the other day that they plan to open it up but then I read a lot of stuff and don't take a lot of notice :shy:
Hyde park looking at the mums sounds like fun !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is that open to the public yet ? I was reading the other day that they plan to open it up but then I read a lot of stuff and don't take a lot of notice :shy:
Hyde park looking at the mums sounds like fun !
The area that's coloured in in the map about 3 posts up is open. I got in there from a bridge at the east of Victoria Park. I didn't even realise it had been open continuously since the Olympics. You can't get up close to the vélodrome - that'll be in March.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The area that's coloured in in the map about 3 posts up is open. I got in there from a bridge at the east of Victoria Park. I didn't even realise it had been open continuously since the Olympics. You can't get up close to the vélodrome - that'll be in March.
Sorry , I was talking about the velodrome . Im sure I read that they where taking bookings late 2013 for early 2014 .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sorry , I was talking about the velodrome . Im sure I read that they where taking bookings late 2013 for early 2014 .
Mid-March. Until then it's still off limits. From chatting with the lass behind the counter in the Timber Lodge, I gather that the cycle track as well as the velodrome are going to be accessible.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Just the two of us today, i met Ross on his way to lmnh and we decided to try lmnh2 on Mare st

So we rode past it but found it 5 minutes later 127 Mare st Hackney, it's just like the original but there is more space
tho you have to lock your bike outside-it's still in view

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjQUjz7n

thanks Ross

U

User10571

Fnaarr!
He said 'bum photos' :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
did i mention we were fixed

Ross was giving me tips.............................. try not to fall off ^_^

and i had one of these :pump: