England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 2811812, member: 1314"]That cake deserves a post of its own. Here...

... is THE CAKE TO END ALL CAKES!

View attachment 33924 [/quote]
It's a shame we didn't get a proper look at the Paris-Roubaix cake that was just arriving as we left.

rb58

Enigma
We've cycled passed it many times, but last night, with Mrs rb58 and friends, we finally went inside - Brick Lane Music Hall. It was a brilliant night. I laughed most of the evening, sang along and generally got into the swing of things. Obviously popular with an older audience, there were nonetheless quite a few of the 'younger generation' who were clearly enjoying the show as much as we were. And joining in wholeheartedly. Innuendo, sing along, old fashioned comedy, banter with the audience and even a magician. Surprisingly good quality (although I don't know why I thought it wouldn't be). And the venue's exterior gives no clue to how well it has been converted inside. So glad we went, and it's on my list for a return visit. Be warned though, not to everyone's taste - my 21 year old son (21, going on 75 that is) sat there most of the night shaking his head and mumbling "I just don't get it" :laugh:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
xmas bonus spent :addict:, just waiting for the xmas bonus :rolleyes:

bloody wiggle bike box, big as a wardrobe

Last edited:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
@topcat1 thats really nice, I like that a lot. Bit cool for you isn't it ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
We've cycled passed it many times, but last night, with Mrs rb58 and friends, we finally went inside - Brick Lane Music Hall. It was a brilliant night. I laughed most of the evening, sang along and generally got into the swing of things. Obviously popular with an older audience, there were nonetheless quite a few of the 'younger generation' who were clearly enjoying the show as much as we were. And joining in wholeheartedly. Innuendo, sing along, old fashioned comedy, banter with the audience and even a magician. Surprisingly good quality (although I don't know why I thought it wouldn't be). And the venue's exterior gives no clue to how well it has been converted inside. So glad we went, and it's on my list for a return visit. Be warned though, not to everyone's taste - my 21 year old son (21, going on 75 that is) sat there most of the night shaking his head and mumbling "I just don't get it" :laugh:
Try the Duke of Kendal on Connaught Street too, they do singalongs on Sunday nights

http://thedukeofkendal.co.uk/wordpress/events/

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm talking about a pub off the Edgware Road that does an old-timey singalong night. Your place is by Tate and Lyle, no?

Top Bottom