England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Maybe if you start a little later, can't see myself being up for 9am tmrw, friend's band is playing in Chalk Farm tonight...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I might come along for the Oval fooleries. @Mice - I didn't see anything happening for W4W on Sunday. What have I missed?

EDIT: Found it! But it's ''booking required''
Ladywell Day Centre, Sports Hall
Tuesdays 12 – 1pm (suitable for adults)
10 December, 14 January, 11 February

Sundays 11am – 1pm (suitable for children)
24 November, 26 January, 2 March

Booking required. Please email david@wheelsforwellbeing.org.uk or call 020 7346 8482 with details of cyclist’s age, impairment and preferred cycle if known.

EDIT Mark2: Umm, that's not on tomorrow.

I reckon you might win the track stand comp on a recumbent!

@zimzum42 Ha!! If I could bring my trike I'd definitely win......!! Hopefully the later start plotted by User1314 will work for you!

I might come along for the Oval fooleries. @Mice - I didn't see anything happening for W4W on Sunday. What have I missed?

EDIT: Found it! But it's ''booking required''

EDIT Mark2: Umm, that's not on tomorrow.

Hello @deptfordmarmoset

This is the one I was thinking of:

Oval Space
Event venue, Concert venue
Venue Details
29-32 The Oval,
E2 9DT London, United Kingdom
VsLyGSIZnk_.png Get Directions
About
Privacy
A9wAQtMqCBA.png
Public
Date and time
dE9MLaks9jl.png
Sunday, 8 December 2013, 12:00 - 18:00
Weather
F6Z8sdROR9J.png
Partly Cloudy 9°C / 6°C
Event Details
Free cycling festival helping to raise money for Wheels for Wellbeing.
"Competing, eating, drinking, shopping and laughing. Check out cycling-loving brands and art, with drink in hand." Organised by www.vulpine.cc
Hosts
Hosted by Wheels for Wellbeing

[QUOTE 2809182, member: 1314"]I just fancy a London tootle, rather than a steam out to Essex with Tall Martin etc.

@Mice @zimzum42 @tdr1nka and anyone else, fancy it? Go to that Hackney thing?[/quote]

Excellent, @User1314 Yes, let's!

Mice

Hmm, I have never been on these so may try and give it a go tomorrow (white boardman mtb with weird mudguards in case I dont recognise anyone, which of course I wont). Not sure if I will get home for 3pm though, as home is Ruislip. I should just stay there and go to work on Monday!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Sorry guys, brutal hangover this morning. Fortunately it was worth it!

[QUOTE 2811535, member: 1314"]Her bike was a girly bike. There'll be a photo of it up laters. Molly is cool as f***.[/quote]
Don't let her partner see this overt adulation, User or she'll be in hot water...'Molly coddled' no less. (And please don't dye your hair blonde...first Annie, then Molly...you must be fighting the temptation...)

A great Sunday London Ride. Heading for HPC I was looking forward to seeing @User1314 and his much talked about and photo'd-on-Facebook new bicycle - a fixed wheel Cooper. This was his first non commute ride on it.

As I reached Hyde Park Corner I found him in the company of others, one of whom was Molly Cooper, the daughter of John Cooper http://www.cooperbikes.com/history who had built the bicycle! How fantastic was that?! Molly was riding a five-speed hub-geared Cooper on her way to Hyde Park and had spotted the bicycle so stopped to say hello. Cool!!

We made our way to Hackney for the Vulpine.cc Vulpine Cyclofare - another example of the way that cycling is capturing the imagination of people as they set up their businesses. As we arrived we met @deptfordmarmoset - brilliant! We spent a very enjoyable hour or more looking at a selection of bicycle-based businesses, talking tohttp://petalon.co.uk/, brompton.com, michaux.cc, wheelsforwellbeing.org.uk (for whom the event was raising funds).

Cycling in London on a Sunday is fun - little traffic, great things to see and we had fantastic weather even if it was a bit chilly in the shade.

I wrote about the day here: http://the5milecyclist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/sunday-cycling.html and my pics are here https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...ondonRide081213?authkey=Gv1sRgCMyXlcb6-MurigE h

Sorry you didn't make it @wanda2010 and @zimzum42 . Next time perhaps?!

Thanks Crock and DM!

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• Superdupercooper.jpg
    Superdupercooper.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 25
  • cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DM and CoG.jpg
    DM and CoG.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 27