England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That's brilliant, hopefully I'll be able to go next time, depending on when my bottom bracket gets fixed and if it's fixed by saturday, how far I've already gone with the club :whistle:. Looking forward to it.
CJ, the standard meeting place is 9:30 on the Hyde Park Corner roundabout. But because 9:30 is scheduled far too early on a Sunday morning, I've been known to give them myself three-quarters of an hour and then wander over to Fatboys for a coffee if they're headed out east.

crazyjoe101

CJ, the standard meeting place is 9:30 on the Hyde Park Corner roundabout. But because 9:30 is scheduled far too early on a Sunday morning, I've been known to give them myself three-quarters of an hour and then wander over to Fatboys for a coffee if they're headed out east.

Thanks for the info deptfordmarmoset, I think for the first time I'll try and get there from the start. I think that if I leave by 8:30 and go to Victoria via New Cross Gate along Queen's Rd I should be able to get there OK. What sort of average distance and speed is the ride, and does it finish elsewhere? I'm just asking because it'd be embarassing for me to run out of fuel without getting home :rolleyes:.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for the info deptfordmarmoset, I think for the first time I'll try and get there from the start. I think that if I leave by 8:30 and go to Victoria via New Cross Gate along Queen's Rd I should be able to get there OK. What sort of average distance and speed is the ride, and does it finish elsewhere? I'm just asking because it'd be embarrassing for me to run out of fuel without getting home :rolleyes:.

Average distance is about 10 miles and at a conversational pace..ie.. not fast what so ever.
Usually ends up different to the start. Though sometimes does get back to HPC. It depends what and where everyone wants to do/go on the day.

Visitations usually include Ally Pally (and back), The Olympic Village, Greenwich and Trinity Bhoy's Wharf.

rb58

Enigma
Thanks for the info deptfordmarmoset, I think for the first time I'll try and get there from the start. I think that if I leave by 8:30 and go to Victoria via New Cross Gate along Queen's Rd I should be able to get there OK. What sort of average distance and speed is the ride, and does it finish elsewhere? I'm just asking because it'd be embarassing for me to run out of fuel without getting home :rolleyes:.
I come up from Bexley, so if you want company to HPC , let me know.

crazyjoe101

@ianrauk Thanks for the info, that should be manageable, even after the trip there.

@rb58 That would be nice (I've never cycled into London before, only ever ran to Blackheath from Bond Street), I'm not sure which way you go but I live in Sidcup so I can wait somewhere on your route, you probably go through Welling towards Shooters Hill, that seems a direct route from Bexley. If I was going from mine I'd go via Eltham and straight through Lee but it makes little difference.

crazyjoe101

I want to do the next one but my bike's in the shop for a new bottom bracket as mine was falling apart, depending on the parts they have I should have it back by Sunday. If I see the ride's on and I know I can go then I'll drop you a PM about where we'll meet.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just a late call to see whether anybody will be out tomorrow. (I'm assuming I can get round the ToB route to HPC via Lambeth Bridge.) If not, I'll be up town earlyish anyway. The ToB site says that the teams will be stationed on Westminster Bridge and will be fairly accessible to the public. Also, the women's criterium (United Healthcare Westminster Grand Prix) starts at 10:30 or thereabouts and I fancy getting a look at Hannah Barnes because I've never seen her from the roadside.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Not me either I'm afraid.
Eldest daughter just started at KCL so I'll be delivering her PC and some other bits to her halls in Bloomsbury in the morning.
May try to catch a bit of the ToB.

crazyjoe101

I could have but something's happened tonight and I have to go to my Mum's, I can't take the bike because my legs don't work after today's ride and my kit's scattered. :sad:

Top Bottom