England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Most of the clocks here are savvy enough to change themselves - CH timer excepted.

U

User10571

Fab morning out with you peeps.
Thanks muchly for your company :smile:

Question asked at 8am: What am I doing getting up when it's -1 Outside? :cold: Answer: Sunday London Ride! :hyper:
-1 is cold. I kept hoping the temperature would at least climb up to 0 degrees by the time I got out of bed but it didn't. Off to Hyde Park Corner to meet User1314, Flying Dodo, Rebecca Olds, User10571, Topcat1 and TimO. :bravo: We headed eastwards with Greenwich as our destination.
Down to Parliament Square and over Westminster Bridge to cycle along NCN4 which travels along the Thames. The signage is a bit rubbish from time to time, often includes flights of stairs and indeed raised pavements.
There is something about cycling in London. The architecture, the people just going about their business, how you see things from a completely different angle, so uniquely - a cyclists view. And in great company.
We reached the Maritime Museum Brewery for lunch. It really does brew its own beer (if you are into beer). It was a real amble about, followed by great banter and catching up with fab peeps.

I took some pics https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...&authkey=Gv1sRgCOTLod_m_7bxYg&feat=directlink

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• HPC.jpg
    HPC.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Gursh looking across the water.jpg
    Gursh looking across the water.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Tim in a Tunnel.jpg
    Tim in a Tunnel.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Heading for Beersies.jpg
    Heading for Beersies.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Tomorrows Possibility.jpg
    Tomorrows Possibility.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 46
Well well well, courtesy of a delivery driver making a colossal mistake, I am unexpectedly available on Sunday. I'm up for a bit of a ride, though I am rather unfit. And I will need to go in to work in the afternoon to set up some PCs.

Well, I ain't up for that. I want summat more flatterest than them thar hills.

Any road, I'll be at HPC for 10am, and I'll see who turns up.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry Peeps...not about for this.. going to crack on with April's 100 miler with the decent weather we are having right now.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
More than so, I'd say, but then, I had better company than you.:smile:

Nice opportunity to see if the VM can:
- be social (just about)
- pootle (surprisingly well)
- turn through bollards like an upright (by the skin of its teeth)
- handle a variety of surfaces (yes).

Not the ideal bike for an SLR. Its too noisy to chat, and keeps finding downhills where others are pedalling. Speed profile is all wrong, and whilst its fast on the slopes its slow as hell to get away from a cafe :smile:

Great to see you though, as always. A very pleasant thirty something for me.

Top Bottom