England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Tis raining cats and dogs in western laandoniun

Let's see what you could have won </Jim Bowen>

IMG_2521_zpsbb0dbf29.jpg

IMG_2522_zpsda43edfd.jpg

IMG_2519_zps9a65412e.jpg

IMG_2526_zps2aae85cc.jpg

IMG_2528_zpsc9322525.jpg

IMG_2532_zps95392693.jpg

IMG_2536_zps03902d78.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice to see people getting out and about in this gawd awful weather.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
i went for a walk this morning, up canonbie road (i'll be back) then shot into town

Clarion and Mice were at hpc so i joined them for coffee at regents park then shot off home

The weather wasnt looking brilliant but I saw on Cycle Chat that Clarion was heading for HPC which was a great incentive to shift myself! I arrived at 9.35, the Cavalry rode by and we were so busy chatting that we were still there at 10am when Topcat1 turned up! :laugh:

We headed through Hyde Park to Regents Park (this is familiar, I thought! -) and headed to the giraffes who were being fed so they were out of their house! :bravo: Woop Woop! A lap of the Outer Circle followed by a lap of the Inner Circle (which turned out to be two as Clarion and I missed the turning!) :wacko: then a lovely hour or so in The Honest Sausage Cafe who confirmed that they no longer do vegetarian sausages. We sat and chatted over teas, coffees and cake, oblivious to the rain or rather sleet falling from the skies.

After a McP, Topcat1 headed for home whilst Clarion and I went to Look Mum No Hands. Despite being riddled with gears no one batted an eyelid as we arrived! Cappuccinos and mushrooms on toast in a packed space but the atmosphere is very relaxed and an uber cool place to be. Not exactly cheap - £5.60 for a tea and a decaf cappuccino! However, we had a great chat about all sorts of things including Hebden Bridge (I started that because ColinJ often mentions that on Cycle Chat and it sounds pretty - hilly but pretty!) , Woodrups (Hello Vernon!), Penines, TFL to name a few.

A lovely way to spend the day - thank you chaps. Next week I am hoping Evey Allsopp :hello: will be there - although I may not be able to keep up with her. :eek:

I took some pics!! https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCJOupJqEl4PU2gE&feat=directlink

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• Clarion at HPC.jpg
    Clarion at HPC.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Topcat1 in Hyde Park.jpg
    Topcat1 in Hyde Park.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 36
  • I Love Giraffes.jpg
    I Love Giraffes.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 38
On a new bike?

Nooooooo! I was on my work bike - or to put it the way Redfalo put it when he first saw it last year "whose pile of crap is that?" :eek: (Rude Git!) It's a Marin and I love it! I've been using it for most of the winter because of the salt and rubbish on the road which may dissolve my road bike!!! :laugh: Once the temperature increases I will bring the road bike - well that's the only chance I have to keep up with Evey Allsopp and even that's not guaranteed. She is ruddy speedy you know!

Hope that we can all be out next week peeps - these rides are such fun!

Mice :hello:

Top Bottom