England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rebecca and I were intending to head over to HPC tomorrow, so we can be there before 11.

Excellent. 11's about the earliest I can make it now the trains aren't running. See you there!

Lovely to see Grace, Miranda, Adam and Rebecca. I b*ggered things up a bit by getting a puncture in manor house on the way in. No offers of help but some chap did ask me if the bike was expensive (:eek:). We eventually found each other in the Sausage place in Regents Park and had many cups of tea!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Not a ride for high mileage today but it was lovely to see Becs, Mice, Adam and Rebecca! Woke up this morning all sniffly but thought it would be good to get out on the bike - was a lovely day for it with a detour to look at the giraffes!

A Sunday London Ride Later Start Edition - as there were no pumpkins about! :laugh: A visitation kept Becs delayed near Finsbury Park giving me enough time to change my bike to my (in the immortal words of Redfalo) "Whose pile of shite is that?" :eek: work bike so that I could bring my track pump. I arrived at HPC to find Rebecca Olds, Flying Dodo and ttcycle - Huzzaaaaah.:bravo: A further text from Becs and a change of rendez-vous to Regents Park. Sorted!

To take advantage of closed roads we headed down Constitution Hil at the bottom of which we were asked to walk on the pavement around the front of the Palace (it was a polite request and we duly walked past the crowds waiting for Alice and the guard changing at the Palace, after which we pootle-pedalled our way through to Trafalgar Square and up to Soho. There is a real joy in cycling at this cycle chat pace around London - the non commuting traffic is lessened both in volume and in narkedness, so we could enjoy the conversation, the roads and the architecture. Bring on 29th December I say!

Once in Regents Park, Rebecca Olds asked if we were going to see the giraffes!!:hyper: How could we not - (as if I wasnt....!!) so we did. Thought of CharlieB - hope you are getting better - and we met up with Becs in the cafe for giggles, gassing , gastronomic sausages and good advice all round.

Great to see you all - I smiled all the way home! Actually, I still am smiling! I hope that a new camera will head my way soon but in the meantime my Iphone took these ones! https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCPnPg8GN3ZmuywE&feat=directlink

I am also the proud owner of a "Coreplus Reformer" so once I've stopped stuffing my face - look out Mice-abs - a workout is on its way!"

Thank you peeps!

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• HPC.jpg
    HPC.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Who is hiding in their house.jpg
    Who is hiding in their house.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Thank you Peeps.jpg
    Thank you Peeps.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 54
Looks like you had a nice ride. Why is Becs balancing a grapefruit on her head?

I'd like to point out I was very cold after my p*ncture fixing so I am wearing lots of layers!!!

Top Bottom