England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Have 2 weeks off over chrimble and new year.
That will be my rest....
Yule need it!

Heal well.

Mend soon Ian.
I was going to join this ride, but I'd a similar one on Saturday morning on my usual little run round the Chilterns. I stacked it on black ice. Managed to ride 5 miles back home, was completely immobile on Sunday morning and following X-ray at Wycombe Minor injuries unit, they tell me this morning I've a hairline crack in the femoral joint (it's the ball at the top of the femur). Care and time will heal it, I'm advised.
Dag nabbit, that's my annual target gone.
Mate. I am.
Or trying to anyway, my bleedin' body feels like it's been in the wars. It needs a rest.
The cold weather makes my dodgy knee flare up.
My shoulder injury also hurts in this weather.
My arse has a nice un-coocked hamburger impression on it.
My left shoulder and right wrist also hurt from Sunday's fall.
And I have a bad chest at the moment.

oh forgot to add.
Have 2 weeks off over chrimble and new year.
That will be my rest....
A slipped disc jockey and a tattooed burger messiah!
I disappear for a few days and look at what happens! :rolleyes: Speedy recovery both. Charlie exhibiting the typical Colnago stoicism - often leaving one without a legg to stand on - and Ian giving himself breathing space for a visit to get the words "I love Jose, André Gus, Nigel, whoever, Rafa" etched upon his frame...
I hope and trust that you had a nice birthday, Dave!
Nice pictures Clive - those trendy effects add a certain cachet. :thumbsup:

Thanks all for a cracking ride.

Got to Shortlands, took a corner and BAM.. I was down. Luckily I wasn't going at any speed, but do have a nice uncooked hamburger impression on my thigh. The VanNick now has a couple of horrid scrapes on the left hand gear changer :sad:.

2 motorists saw what happened and both asked if I was ok. :thumbsup:
I took the metal bike today instead of the black dust bike in case it was icy or frosty. It wasn't ice or frost that was to have me off. I checked the road for what caused it. A Bloody diesel spill :cursing:.

75 miles for the day.. was going to stay out for longer.. but I hurt :sad:

:cry:

Mend soon Ian.
I was going to join this ride, but I'd a similar one on Saturday morning on my usual little run round the Chilterns. I stacked it on black ice. Managed to ride 5 miles back home, was completely immobile on Sunday morning and following X-ray at Wycombe Minor injuries unit, they tell me this morning I've a hairline crack in the femoral joint (it's the ball at the top of the femur). Care and time will heal it, I'm advised.

:cry:

No No Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Please tell me this isnt true. Ianrauk and CharlieB I am so sorry to read about your offs. Awful. And I see CharlieB has fractured his elbow (I think that's where the elbow is). Yuk Yuk Yuk. Speedy recovery to you both.

Mice

U

User10571

Mend soon Ian.
That's pants Charlie.
Wishing you a swift recovery.
JB

Present Christmas list:

Charlie: elbow leg
Ian: Burgeritis
User10571: Fatboy's wrist
Tall Mart: Lethar H (One step on from lethar G...located between the shoulder blades - for info)
This list excludes stupidity (which is why I don't feature) and abrasions. And luckily, Greg and Sgtitus - who are not SLR artists.
Mistlewoe :santa:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Present Christmas list:

Charlie: elbow leg
Ian: Burgeritis
User10571: Fatboy's wrist
Tall Mart: Lethar H (One step on from lethar G...located between the shoulder blades - for info)
This list excludes stupidity (which is why I don't feature) and abrasions. And luckily, Greg and Sgtitus - who are not SLR artists.
Mistlewoe :santa:
Mistlewoe! Brilliant!

Top Bottom