England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
It was a fine morning, a little briskly but no wind chill. The ground seemed a little frosty but free of ice.. Today Markst1 joined me on my trek to HPC where we met the usual suspects other than Aperitif who was missing in action (where were you fella). As there was no fnrttc Ianrauk blessed us with his presence, and contrary to popular urban myth Mista Preston had not forgotten how to ride a bike and joined us also.
We started the climb towards Ally Pally, somewhere along the route my Di2 battery disconnected itself (although I may not have connected it properly when I had it out during the week :whistle: ) and I found myself stuck in a high gear and struggling up the hills for a while followed by getting off and walking... they say the greatest gift you can give someone is laughter, if this is the case Dave enjoyed his birthday as he passed me laughing... We hit the cafe at Ally Pally while I fixed the Di2 issues and found the correct number of gears once again.
After a cup of coffee and a bite to eat, followed by some cake (from a really delightful lady, with a sunshine smile - disclaimer I only kiss butt when cake is involved) The group headed back towards town where some headed off towards the cable car and a few off us headed off to look mum no hands for a slag, cake and meeting Wanda which was really cool.
I went to buy a Jersey from lmnh and was offended at the price, I would have wanted Rapha or castelli for the prices they want for a normal jersey. After lmnh we parted ways with Dave making sure I did not get lost heading back toward Paddington, some pretty aggressive taxi drivers, moments of madness and peds which thought they could cross the road on a whim made this fun and a little interesting... had a few near misses, but nothing worth starting a thread about complaining...... A great ride out again, thanks all for sharing your weekend with me.

rb58

Enigma
Cold. But not as cold as I thought it would be. Riding a bike with gears was like wading through mud compared to the fixed wheel I've been riding recently, so getting going in the cold was an effort first thing. But the glorious sky, the view from Ally Pally, User10571's back street route down through docklands, and the 'flight' on the cable car made it a memorable morning. And nice to see titanium as (almost) in the majority. Thanks for the company everyone.

Cheers
Ross

mark st1

Plastic Manc
My first trip out around the mean streets of London town. A fantastic day out London really does look different on 2 wheels that view from Alexandra Palace was well worth dying up the hill in to it for. Had i have known there was free cake on offer i would have got up there far quicker (many thanks to the kind cake baker :thumbsup:) Arriving at Look Mum No Hands and more delicious cake (many thanks to kind cake baker no2:thumbsup:) And my first ever bottle of Slag was downed i'm sure that would taste even better on a hot summers day! many thanks to all of you for taking the time to chat to me and make me feel very welcome even if i was on some cheap Plastic bike :tongue: brilliant to meet you all and put names to faces etc hope to ride out again soon.^_^

wanda2010

Guru
I couldn't make the ride at all, for which I was somewhat thankful as the climb to Ally Pally was involved, but I was glad to meet V and Mark st1. Finally Ess comes good with cake :whistle::thumbsup:, which my niece appreciated. Birthday boy, I hope you celebrated some more when you got home.

Mark st1, my bike is a CHILD'S plastic bike. Maybe we should form a club? ^_^

PS: Ross, you are not ever, ever, allowed to comment on the lack of cake from Ess ever again. I, on the other hand................. :angel:

U

User10571

Ooohhhh! That was a cold and tentative start to the day with a definite 'crunchy' noise from the tyres as I crossed the sparkly white stuff in the 'burbs.
Turned into a fine day out though, in great company. Riding in the shadows in Hyde Park was a bit of a shock to the system, from which I recovered (just) once we were amongst the buildings where the temperature must've been a couple of °C more.
Zipping over the river on the cable car on a day as clear as today, was totally full of win and a lovely way to close the day.
Thanks peeps, for your esteemed company.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
9 of us today and so many Ti bikes it was blinding,
Sig Ess Mark Paul User10571 Ross Ian Clive
so we went to see the lights on oxford st and a quick blast along regents park then up to the palley

V shot off up the hill only to stop just short of the summit and as i passed him i asked "how much did you pay for that?" then laughed so hard i nearly fell off :laugh:

Sig and Ess brought cake thankyou ladies

great company today, thanks for the beer Paul

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was quietly hoping to come out to play but I had a bad night's sleep and didn't wake up till 10am. By the time I got past the front door and on the road up to town it was 12 noon. But what I was wondering was did any of you, like me, notice how many women there were out on bikes today? I didn't count them but I'm sure that women made up almost 40% of the cyclists I saw between Deptford and Islington.

U

User10571

More.
Were you unaware that today was SE London's Women's Cycle Day?

wanda2010

Guru
DM you should have continued. The others got to LMNH at about 1pm and we left minutes before 2pm. Mostly males on my ride around Central London. No female riders seen between LMNH and the Natural History Museum then on to Balham.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd intended to come along, Grace, but was unavoidably detained......
lovegirl.jpg

Top Bottom