England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't go to the Arch if you're later, Charlie - McP1ss is favourite at that time of day, and this will happen in Hyde Park WCs...
Well, it was touch and go at one point...shambolic Royal Parks lot. Road closures for Whitehall, Winter effing Wonderland in full construction mode - bah humbugism to all that - The Woolwich Ferry approach road fermé, Greenwich Park looking like it has had an attempted scalping, queues, long waits and one of the most traffic-filled Sundays this side of Pancake Tuesday...
Thank you very much for your company all - only sorry we couldn't keep our schedule and make it to Richmond Park for loads of laps...

More later, and...
article-0-001F372E00000190-579_468x520.jpg

"Hey, it's my Birthday on 30th November, but I'm going to hang out at HPC on 2nd December, so that everyone can turn up and congratulate me..do you dig it? Gotta go now, Officer Titus is throwing his weight about (hell, that's some weight...) ciao!"

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Epic ride, I so appreciate the time people give up who know London so much better than myself to lead such a great day. :thumbsup:
Big shock of the day was that bloke at the cafe with loadsa tattoo's looked so much like someone I know ;) All he needed was a bike that rusts and you would have sworn they were separated at birth. :laugh:

Good to meet all the new faces

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
the smiles on Paul, Charlie and Michael faces after they went on the cable car :wahhey:priceless
thankyou peeps, Mice got the pics

Well it's been a while since I have been on one of these but their standard of how to spend a splendid Sunday on a bicycle with a fab group of peeps did not falter. Martint235, AN (very special) other, Ess, V for Vendetta, Sig, CharlieB, Michael, Topcat1 and I all merged at HPC. TC1 was in charge and we headed around HPC for a McP. :wacko: Trickier than expected but eventually we found a cafe by the Serpentine. ^_^ Back to HPC, there was some boy-racing heading down Constitution Hill (this included girl-racing) and we made our way down to the Embankment.

The blue sky allowed us to forget the cold temperature and the views of the river were just lovely. Down to Blackfriars Bridge where somehow we split into two groups - both claiming by mobile to be by The Tower. After 10 minutes or so we found Team A by Tower Gateway. We all joined up again and made a beeline to The Diner where breakfasts and things were served. Ess and I popped up to the top of a Lighthouse, we saw a Banksy and gawped at the Thames Ski lift thing. CharlieBs face when I asked him if he would like to use it to cross the river was a picture. I however was going pea-green just thinking about it so once Sig and Ess had headed homewards, four headed for the Eggs and the rest of us to the Woolwich Ferry. The latter group faced an initiation test as to how to find the ferry which was completely camouflaged by roadworks. What a nonsense.

Across the river, west to Greenwich Park where we all met up again and had (after a bit of a queue) cake, coffee and beers! :cheers: Much chilling and chatting until we headed into Central London to look at a bike shop. The expression "kids in a sweetshop" comes to mind. Two of our group headed North and the rest of us headed West via Yalla Yalla (http://www.yalla-yalla.co.uk/ in Greens Court London W1) which is well worth a visit if you're in the area and you like Lebanon and Middle Eastern cuisine :hungry: )

V for Vendetta headed West, TC1, Michael and I headed South and soon I was home - with a really big grin on my face having spent such a fun fun fun day on my bike with fab peeps. Sunday London Rides are a great way to spend the day - we may not munch miles but we certainly crunch cake and laugh lots. (Let's not forget that reference to Karaoke and George Michael....!!!) Thanks all. :bravo:

My pics are here https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCOyAo6WI5s7KlAE&feat=directlink

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• Lost in HPC.jpg
    Lost in HPC.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
  • At the Diner.jpg
    At the Diner.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 51
  • A very large snowflake.jpg
    A very large snowflake.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 45
  • All Aboard.jpg
    All Aboard.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 41
  • At Greenwich Park.jpg
    At Greenwich Park.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 49
U

User10571

You went to Fatboy's without me? :cry:

I was there all on my own last Sunday :cry:

:smile: S'alright. Salt Beef bagel in Brick Lane at 09:00 today started my day en route to Cambridge.

@Mice - You know the best bit of the ride? You know - the bit that you said 'Can we go back and do that again?'
Well, today I did just that.
And it's just as grin-generating (if not more) than doing it 'forwards'!

JB

You went to Fatboy's without me? :cry:

I was there all on my own last Sunday :cry:

:smile: S'alright. Salt Beef bagel in Brick Lane at 09:00 today started my day en route to Cambridge.

@Mice - You know the best bit of the ride? You know - the bit that you said 'Can we go back and do that again?'
Well, today I did just that.
And it's just as grin-generating (if not more) than doing it 'forwards'!

JB
I remember that bit very, very well. One of my favourite pieces of road that - not like a road at all - I hope you did it at least twice! Glad you had a good ride - it was definitely a day to be out on a bike.

Mice

Nice report and photos everyone - I was distressed to learn that Paul had cut off his little toe on each foot to compensate for the weight gain of his Movember Moustache!
I forgot to mention that Blackfriars was kaput as well yesterday - that really is a bad bit of road architecture up there...it seems.
One of the lesser known things is that one of our stronger riders is a singer. He usually appears at The Kings Head in London Bridge (you'll know when he's on as there will be streams of folk heading for the peace of Borough...but I digress.) Hidden talents.
MA hardcore.jpg

Dave, our nominated leader of the pack, was in monochromatic form with his new shew covers by Messrs Assos.
Dave shoe covers.jpg

And here's another anchor in black and white...
Paul anchor.jpg

At Greenwich Park, I was grateful to Martin T furnishing me with two beers, thank you - in the sun it doesn't get much better - except there was filming in progress and the whole apex was rammed with white location vans...another obstacle course! Here is the SLR 'Style Council', Paul and Dave. They spent an inordinate amount of time discussing 'onesies' - I kid you not!

Paul and Dave Style Council.jpg

But anyway, back to our super songster...get his album and help propel this dulcet-toned artiste to dizzy heights! (Or at least another go on the Cable Car!)
Michael album.jpg

Cheers all - have a splendid week.

Top Bottom