England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
arallsopp said:
Lovely one here too. Met up with Mista Preston at 0845 (or almost) then after much discussion re destination set off for the Thames Barrier. Sunlight spied across the water at Greenwich diverted us through the tunnel and into Canada Square. From there, short hop back through, Lewisham, Catford, Bromley, then utility style finale with Clive & I collecting cards, flowers, chocolates for the wives at home.

Ride finished with crocuses, 2 dozen roses, card, badge, and Lindt bunny safely delivered at the 30 mile mark.

Huzzah!

Thats a better write up than I can do but here goes

A base, SS Jersey and a LS Jersey worked wonders in the end with not a double bass or even a Jazz musician in site. :sad:

So the weather was the feature of the day. I left this morning on the way to the DT and forgot my overshoes, for about 10 minutes I felt cold but after that I warmed up. After waiting an age for Mr Alsopp (I was early again :sad: we were both a little uncertain where to go. However the sun was getter higher and it was really warming up. Having not ridden for 3 weeks I was a little concerned to see Mr A roll up on the White Beastie that I know is faster than the Orange one. None the less we pointed in the direction of London and headed to Greenwich. Some good schooling from Mr A on aperture and shutter speed on route and we were their in a jiffy. Onwards then to Canary Wharf via the Rotherhithe Tunnel was fun (not) however the views around this area were great especially in the sun as in all my years of living near I had never been their. Back again via Rotherhithe and more oxygen starved riding in a hot tunnel full of cars and we were heading back to Bromley and the weather was glorious. Que a short lycra clad stop in Sainsbury to buy mothers/wife’s day flowers and chocolates and we bid our farewells.

30 miles today and I feel a little tiered but much better for getting out on the bike and its great to see the weather is really turning....roll on summer.

Very much the Bromley massive this week. Hope to see more of you next week.

bad boy

Über Member
arallsopp said:
Lovely one here too. Met up with Mista Preston at 0845 (or almost) then after much discussion re destination set off for the Thames Barrier. Sunlight spied across the water at Greenwich diverted us through the tunnel and into Canada Square. From there, short hop back through, Lewisham, Catford, Bromley, then utility style finale with Clive & I collecting cards, flowers, chocolates for the wives at home.

Ride finished with crocuses, 2 dozen roses, card, badge, and Lindt bunny safely delivered at the 30 mile mark.

Huzzah!

Nice one sounds like fun, the barrier park is right next to my work I pass it every day on my commute did you enjoy the ride then ?.

Ive got a stinking cold now but should be good to finally get out this Sunday

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Should have come out with you lot, what a wasted day. Glad you had a good ride - The Thames barrier is a good place to cycle to.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tynan -you just wished you had your own Lnidt Bunny on Mother's day.

BTW -not forgotten about the jersey.

Tynan said:
Lindt bunny?

So what is it, Mother's Day or Easter?

My wife is heavily pregnant and she is very partial to the bunny's of Lindt so I am scoring brownie points with the bunny :ohmy:

For those who use the search function on this site and look for Lindt bunny and jersey together then I can tell you a large bunny fits snugly into a cycle chat jersey back pocket :biggrin:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
oh well, hope to see you on the ride but understandable if you can't make it.

Only now have I thought of a solution to the apple tree - could have used a bin bag and tied it around the 'trunk' with the soil and container bagged up and put it in on its side..nevermind, maybe one of your neighbours can have it.

The thing about a Cali branch...will they get the humour?

redjedi

Über Member
Sat
8.gif

Grey Cloud

14°C

Doesn't look all that great to me, don't know why you're bothering :laugh:

Good luck Tollers

Tollers said:
Well.......this coming weekend is my last weekend in england. If i'm not at the folks and in a fit state, i intend to be saying my goodbyes to CC, although i'll still be online, i will start work on setting up the california branch.

Sad, but exciting times. http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/105

Hope to see you before you go, this Sunday is likely to be my last ride for a couple of weeks due to the baby coming next wednesday !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Me of course... though weather is looking 'maybe wet' for Sunday at the moment.. so the Roubaix will stay in the conservatory

Top Bottom