England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right we have a special guest with us this coming sunday... Young Mr ILB's.......
thumbsup.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
945951 said:
I am not worthy

never.. you hear me? never...

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Greetings!

I hear of a Sunday morning London ride! I'm coming from the States, and will be in your fair city, (Harrow, actually) for a few days, but my only Sunday there will be on 10 July. Is anyone welcome on your Sunday morning ride? I'm hoping to rent a Boris Bike and tag along. I'm not a particularly strong cyclist, being an old fat guy, but I am a daily commuter in all weather, and ride about 4000 miles per year.

Would anyone care to post the details on when and where to meet?

Hope I get to meet a few of you fine folks!

Joe
threefingerjoe@swbell.net

Attachments

• ILB A Ditchling Doddle on a BMX.jpg
    ILB A Ditchling Doddle on a BMX.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 50
  • A different doddle on the same BMX.jpg
    A different doddle on the same BMX.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 49

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
^ Sounds like the 'classic' Sunday ride is needed for Joe! From Wellington Arch to St Pauls then LMNH. Thence to the ferry and Greenwich, and a criss-cross over the Thames past Parliament, back to Hyde Park etc. What say the committee?

Yup, that's a good plan.

zigzag

Veteran
i'll be joining you tomorrow, maybe at dt rather than at hpc. few extra miles before going on holiday next week. what time do you set off from dt Ian?

Adasta

^ Sounds like the 'classic' Sunday ride is needed for Joe! From Wellington Arch to St Pauls then LMNH. Thence to the ferry and Greenwich, and a criss-cross over the Thames past Parliament, back to Hyde Park etc. What say the committee?

What's the approximate distance of that route (just out of curiosity)?

brockers

Looking unlikely for me, as the sun will have his hat on bigtime, and I'd prefer a slogblast around the lanes.

I kind of realise that the Dripping Tap Sunday Boys and Girls outing doesn't really constitute a 'training' ride as such, but what level of pottering is usual? CTC speed, or a bit higher?

threefingerjoe

Über Member

This sounds GREAT! Looking forward to 10 July! Meet at Wellington Arch, then? What TIME? And what is "LMNH"? What else should I bring?

Is this a 2 or 3 water bottle ride? Or a 2 or 3 BEER ride? :thumbsup: Should I bring a puncture kit from home? Should I bring along a 26" tube, just in case a Boris Bike has 26" and You are all riding 700c bikes?

iLB

Hello there
Looking unlikely for me, as the sun will have his hat on bigtime, and I'd prefer a slogblast around the lanes.

I kind of realise that the Dripping Tap Sunday Boys and Girls outing doesn't really constitute a 'training' ride as such, but what level of pottering is usual? CTC speed, or a bit higher?

I'm sure I can make your legs ache for a few miles if you like
rolleyes.gif
thumbsup.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This sounds GREAT! Looking forward to 10 July! Meet at Wellington Arch, then? What TIME? And what is "LMNH"? What else should I bring?

Is this a 2 or 3 water bottle ride? Or a 2 or 3 BEER ride? :thumbsup: Should I bring a puncture kit from home? Should I bring along a 26" tube, just in case a Boris Bike has 26" and You are all riding 700c bikes?

9.30am is the usual meet time.

LMNH is a Cycle Cafe.

Puncture kit and innertube? Nah! Boris Bikes are tanks, no need.

Top Bottom