England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brockers

I'm sure I can make your legs ache for a few miles if you like
rolleyes.gif
thumbsup.png

Ooh! Fighting talk. I shall now have to go out and get some proper training in.

TBH My question was trying to elicit which bike would be more suitable. Didn't want to show up on the carbon jobbie and find everyone going for a social type ride, or conversely on my pub-fixie, only to watch others trying to tear each other a new ar*ehole along the Old Kent Road.

have a good ride all. See you in a couple of weeks

iLB

Hello there
Ooh! Fighting talk. I shall now have to go out and get some proper training in.

TBH My question was trying to elicit which bike would be more suitable. Didn't want to show up on the carbon jobbie and find everyone going for a social type ride, or conversely on my pub-fixie, only to watch others trying to tear each other a new ar*ehole along the Old Kent Road.

sorry only teasing. i haven't been for about a year but it's usually a pretty sedate affair, either bike would be fine
laugh.gif

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
^ Sounds like the 'classic' Sunday ride is needed for Joe! From Wellington Arch to St Pauls then LMNH. Thence to the ferry and Greenwich, and a criss-cross over the Thames past Parliament, back to Hyde Park etc. What say the committee?

throw in the olympic park too and "uncle joe" will have a great ride

having joined Adam and Mike on the last leg of their great ride today i'm undecided at the moment

if i've got the legs tomorrow i may get lost in cambridge

A 'Good Old Days' ride today - only a pity that AndyA had to pull out with persistent punctures. As I write, I suspect Ian, if not Andy too, are regaling you with stories!
No 'phone, no camera for me, but I have been out 9 hours! After saying ta ta to Dave in Holborn, I went back on our steps via CX Rd, The Mall, Const. etc, just in case 'Everyone's Favourite Norwegian' :tongue: was still sitting on the monument... I saw Titus instead, who was going off for a snog at County Hall or something... didn't quite catch what he said. The Park was rammed but I had time, and on my second tour, I went to say hello to Mikey - he was teaching a big class of roller babies.

The 2012 Games site is coming on in leaps and bounds - Anish Kapoor's "Olympic Legg" thrusting skywards like a red stick insect... we all agreed that it was truly 'a work of art'.

Thanks for your company all, Rimas, Adrian, young Andy, cameo Andy, Ian, Ross, Dave, Martin

martint235

Dog on a bike
It was indeed a good ride. Very leisurely which was a good thing given the heat. A bimble through London and out to the Olympic Park although I didn't notice a film crew that was there today asking opinion on the ticketing system. It was a shame about Andy A and that he couldn't continue after another puncture. I then lost a cleat bolt on the way out along the Greenway, the nice man at Cycles UK provided a new one for free on condition I bought 3 others and two cleats for £18.
rolleyes.gif

Once back in Greenwich, we stopped off at a little boozer for some refreshment and very pleasant it was too. Then a quick nip over Shooters Hill and home with 36 miles on hte clock.

Thanks to Martin, Ian, Ross, Andy A, iLB, Rimas, Adrian, and Dave for enriching my life in so many ways. I'd also like to thank their parents and grandparents without whose copious efforts these stars of the human race would not be with us. (Is this good enough for a Southern thank you? I can go on......)

Top Bottom