England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
What happened to your bike AJ?

ajstephens

Hope the frame isn't turning out to be a nightmare issue AJ!

Been a bit of a mare, basically Cannondale said based on the pictures of the cracks, the frame had been involved in a frontal impact and this wouldnt be covered by the warranty. But, they are going to replace the frame anyway???

Obviously i haven't crashed it and avoid potholes at all costs and dont appreciate being accused of as such. Anyway lots of shitty emails and i've now got a temp demo bike and should have a replacement newer and better design frame in 2 weeks.
whistling.gif

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Rotten luck there AJ. Carbon woes of my own at the mo. Hoping my Viner's shortly going to be on its way back from Italy. BB shell separated from frame, factory repaired it last year, now the repair's failed- back there now...with me being the bike's second owner, warranty considerations don't apply, but all parties concerned have been really helpful. No way should the 'dale have failed under normal riding conditions, but they at least seem to be doing the right thing, eventually....

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
AJ- sorry to hear about that - terrible stuff - I remember on the ride it all sounded quite positive but for them to say that you've crashed it when it hasn't happened is shocking - to be frank they need to look at the quality control of that frame.

Sounds like it's going the right way and hope you get a better frame soon.

ajstephens

Thanks, well should all be sorted soon I hope. Cannonade are still adamant the frame isn't at fault and its down to my riding style or I've crashed it etc. Whatever that means??!! I think they must think I've been taking it down the local bmx park and busting out a few 720 back flips on it!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
crikey AJ that's gone on some hasn't it, i remember saying you'll be bikeless over the bank holiday, hope i didn't jinx ya ;)

if it's dry on sunday i'll be joining the doc (may take the choo choo up)

ajstephens

crikey AJ that's gone on some hasn't it, i remember saying you'll be bikeless over the bank holiday, hope i didn't jinx ya ;)

if it's dry on sunday i'll be joining the doc (may take the choo choo up)

Yeah been a pain but got a temp replacement till the new one comes in. May join you on the train up to stevenage sun too, weather permitting...

Top Bottom