England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nightingale Lane is Yorks Hill I think. They have hill climb races up there. Last time (actually the only time) I went up there I had trouble keeping my front wheel on the ground! Not. At. All. Funny.

Isn't that where they do the Catford Hill Climb races?

rb58

Enigma
Isn't that where they do the Catford Hill Climb races?

That's the one. When I went that way the chalk was still on the road. It said "get off and walk you idiot" (at least that's what I think it said). I read somewhere that it has two 25% stretches near the top.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did it once Ross...eeerrrrmmm.. not likely to again in a hurry
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

rb58

Enigma
I did it once Ross...eeerrrrmmm.. not likely to again in a hurry
whistling.gif
:laugh:

Nor me. Likewise that hill in Caterham. WVM came along side me when I was grinding my way up on Wednesday and helpfully suggested I get off and walk. Funny thing was, he could hardly get the van moving again afterwards it was that steep. :laugh:

ajstephens

Last time i tried it, I stalled, couldn't unclip in time, fell off and rolled back to the bottom again, arms and legs a blur...

rb58

Enigma
I hate it when people do that...... name another hill which I haven't been up. Bug Hill you say. Hmmmm. Might need to check it out :-)

martint235

Dog on a bike
I hate it when people do that...... name another hill which I haven't been up. Bug Hill you say. Hmmmm. Might need to check it out :-)

I'll put myself down as a volunteer to check it out.....

I don't think!!! I've decided I'm too old for this hill climbing game.

iZaP

Über Member
Assuming no rain and no morning drama's I am aiming to get to the DT for 0830-0840 for a spin into Kent if anyone cares to join.

Sorry, I'm cycling up to hayes for the car boot sale in the morning, gonna go through it quickly and then pootle back home to get cracking with my studies...damn globalization and democratization!

Top Bottom