England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ok in my limited defense, it was more than a few!!! And it had been a bit of a party week......

I'll take your word for it!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks like it's going to be nice anddry with a bit of sun for tomorrow...
biggrin.gif

So am going to pick TTCycle up at 9am and see the rest of you at 9.30am at HPC..
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Any idea where you might be headed? Should really try my best to come along, as I haven't been on one of these for a while now.

SD

Not sure Ant- I need to get back to mine for 2pm ish so I won't be venturing too far- how's the adjustment from your new move? Hope to see you on the ride

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
probs Look Mums.. then either over the River at Woolwich to Regent's Park Via Greenwich and Tower Bridge... or Via Barbican to Regent's Park, Hyde Park etc... see what the consensus is.

rb58

Enigma
I'm going to need to be back by 2pm latest, preferably before. Daughter is home from Uni and Sunday roast is order of the day.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice to be out, went to hpc, lap of the park, down to St pauls and then look mums. Whizzed down to algate to meet up with User10571. Then down to the woolwich ferry, via Greenwich, forest hill and Dulwich. A bit further and I was dropped off home- everyones headed back into town for more laps of Hyde Park.

My legs dropped off around forest hill. Topcat kindly walked wiggle up the crest of the hill where the horniman is.

Good to be out again but wow even powered by coffee and apple cake my legs got tired!!
Still a sign I need to get out more!

Anyhoo, good to see familiar faces and to meet a few new bods!

Going to make some food and chill out with a friend.
See you all next time!

U

User10571

Good to meet up with you peeps today - thanks for the Aldgate RV - I really didn't think that after yesterday's silly, hilly 50 I'd be clocking another 48 or so miles today.

I think my legs might take me to one side for a few quiet words, later this evening
smile.gif

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A really nice ride today. Headed into the Kent countryside before heading back into town to meet TTCycle Grace. On to HPC to meet RB58 Ross (on his shiny new Enigma), Mista Preston Clive and AJStephens Adrian. Only the 4 of us, so it was to the usual loo stop and a lap of Hyde Park, then on to Look Mums for teas, coffees, cake, toast and what have you. AJStephens taking advantage of the in-house mechanic to fix his squeaky bum..(seatpost).

Topcat Dave turned up at Look Mums after a morning sojourn into the Essex wilderness and I received a call from User10571..erm User10571, to say he was on his way to meet us (at Aldgate).
Headed for the Woolwich Ferry to take us back across the Riva init!.. then back into Greenwich where we said goodbye to Ross. Back onto the South Circular (Climbing the hill at Horniman for the second time today for me) to drop Grace off back home. Saying TTFN to Dave and Clive (who was developing a very slight tinge of pumpkin orange) at Clapham, leaving myself & Adrain in the hands of the human A-Z that goes by the name of User10571 to guide us back to Hyde Park for more coffe/tea/cake and another lap of the park before hitting the trail back home.

A bit windy at times, a bit cold at times, a bit warm at times, a bit cloudy at times, a bit sunny at times, but a very jolly ride. 87 miles for the day. I was going to stay out for the hundred but Mrs Ian wanted to go out running so had to get back...

Cheers for coming all.. see you on the next one.

Top Bottom