England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No can do here either sadly. Mum's back in hospital so in Cambridge until further notice
sad.gif

:hugs:

Looking forward to a bumper report from today's riders...go to it Dave, and don't forget to include a snap of whatever new riding apparel you are toting this week! :biggrin: It looks to be a beautiful calm riding day.

zigzag

Veteran
i hope topcat had a good ride. i went out this morning with another group of cyclists to epping forest and thereabouts. good day out with 77.5 miles on the clock, BUT... had a bizarre incident. our scattered group was going on a long downhill straight, when guy in the front pulled out to overtake someone, i slightly touched the brake and the next second i'm sliding on the road on my hip - sliding, and sliding, and sliding.. the surface was so smooth and slippery that after good few seconds of sliding from 25mph to 0 there's not even a mark on my leggings (there's a big bruise and road rash on my hip however..). two riders behind me also hit the deck, but that's because they braked sharper, seeing me going down. everyone was surprised how the road can be that slippery (maybe there was some diesel spilled, who knows). anyway all good in the end, i only need to check the rear mech hanger alignment as i suspect it might need to be replaced. does anyone know a decent shop in central london to do this?..

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hope you're ok Rimas. The only central London shops I know are the chains like Evans and Active. You've got an Edwards bikes not that far from you on Walworth Road as well.

I didn't really do a Sunday ride. Nipped over to see Andy Allsopp hobble about on his crutches for a bit :biggrin:. Thanks to my GPS I managed to log 15 miles or so and enjoyed a magical mystery tour of Bromley and Chislehurst

frank9755

Cyclist
Bad luck, Rimas - must have been a bit of a shock.

I use On Your Bike in Tooley St. They are generally ok, not the cheapest but you can usually turn up and leave your bike.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
:hugs:Looking forward to a bumper report from today's riders...go to it Dave, and don't forget to include a snap of whatever new riding apparel you are toting this week!

does horses poo count? :angry:

does anyone know a decent shop in central london to do this?..

look mum no hands, they're always working on bikes there and you can have a nice lunch while you wait

took a easy ride up to boxhill today riding through cobham to stoke d'abernon got covered in horses
so didn't want to mess the chateux arrollsop

didn't realise it was so misty untill i got up box hill, nice crowd up there
may do the woking guildford dorking part in a couple of weeks

Some 'local' info for becs...the Haverstock Hill roadworks have been completed and there is now a clear sprint up that hill (assuming you get the lights) rather than the dreadful single file stuff of previous weeks. :smile:

wahoo! I'll have to try that when I get back. It's going to feel like a mountain after being in Cambridge for a month!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
after the Cambridge run on Saturday, I think I will be reserving my Sunday for a spot of bike cleaning.
Feel fee to pop round for a cuppa Mr P.

Top Bottom