England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Mista Preston said:
Good to see you again Martin, i got home and had a big family dinner. I got my very pregnant wife a "slanket" which se loved and got me outta jail :laugh:

Good to meet Gaz and ride with you and BentMikey from Bromley.

We picked up TC who was sitting at the bottom of Bromley Hill, clearly contemplating climbing it :biggrin:. He had ventured from the clasps of the normal meet points. We then went at a good pace in the smowey rain up to New Cross. We stopped to see if Dom was about then onwards to meet Tollers on his winter bike :sad: for our route to HP where we met Aperitif. A quick run around Hyde Park and we headed off back via Tower Bridge and home.

It was good to ride back with Gaz, i hope you made it back ok and Beckenham hill was kind on you

35 miles for me today and after 2 weeks off the bike i am knackered.:blush:

See you all next week and maybe the weather will sort itself out

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/24643629
Max speed 120mph :| i know me and mickey where going for at it one point. but did you have to go that fast to keep up?

Beckenham hill wasn't that bad. although i did the first bit, and got round the corner and saw more and my jaw just dropped!

gaz said:
Max speed 120mph :| i know me and mickey where going for at it one point. but did you have to go that fast to keep up?

Beckenham hill wasn't that bad. although i did the first bit, and got round the corner and saw more and my jaw just dropped!

Glad you made it back.

You should have seen my little legs go to catch you and Mikey up, 120 easy ;)
The 705 has only got my max speed right once.

Good to ride with you Gaz

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That was superb fun, as much as I love my job I wanted to come along and play more! Arallsop, we were joking about me having met your Mum and not you.

Martin I was cringing at the thought of your beautiful beautiful bike having to suffer all that road grime, salt, and water. Glad you liked my gloves. ;) They are in fact Altura waterproof ones, covered in monster overmitts to keep my hands toasty warm. Best buy of the winter this year, those overmitts, though I should really have had a medium for a better fit.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
p.s. I'm just back now - another dose of icy rain. Lucky I've got decent kit now - I don't seem to care about the rain very much any more.

That snow this morning was astonishing - it was coming down pretty thick. I was bombing down the hills and getting sandblasted by the icy particles, it was incredibly painful.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sorry I wasn't there.;)
I thought because I wasn't on the list for today you might just roll on thru.

Gonna come on the 28th and I might be bringing some kids from my youth group.:blush:

Sad not to see all and the new faces, catch you next time round.:biggrin:

And I should have my fresh wheels on in time for that!:biggrin:

Not a bad run today. Pace quickened having substituted old Ian for young Gaz ;)

I've developed front light envy having seen 'teef's long neck set-up. Think i'll have to get me something like that before the FNRttC. I really suffered from cold hands today, so there was also glove envy for Mikey's HUGE gloves. Might have to invest in some liners, although not convinced they'd work.

Tollers said:
Not a bad run today. Pace quickened having substituted old Ian for young Gaz :laugh:

I've developed front light envy having seen 'teef's long neck set-up. Think i'll have to get me something like that before the FNRttC. I really suffered from cold hands today, so there was also glove envy for Mikey's HUGE gloves. Might have to invest in some liners, although not convinced they'd work.

CycleChat buff needed!
For real envy, you have to see 'bananastasher' User10571's cycle at the FNRttC - discreet, elegant etc...not like mine! At least I can see my 'telly' now, even if I have no idea what programme I'm watching. :angry:
2qsngx0.jpg

The sticky-up bit is here.

Next Sunday should possibly include an out and up along Shaftesbury Avenue...:blush:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Seems like a fun but cold ride...

Shame to have missed it -Martin the bike looks great!
I was out for Chinese New Year on Sunday and looked for you all on the bus when I passed HPC and the Strand but alas it was too late!

stevevw

Guru
Aperitif said:
'dirty bike' :thumbsup:
j5hwl1.jpg

Eeeeuw! xx(
i2pxxj.jpg

Here's the complete tool...ah, sorry, it's another pic of my bike! :rolleyes:

Roll on the milder weather...wipe on the baby oil.

Nice new bike Martin. How are you getting on with the S-----o groupset? and are you running tubeless tyres or do you just have the option to do so?

Ha! Had to ask Dave how to change the front ring on Sunday...never did, but asked. The other bit I am getting used to but, having used Campanology-o (Only called so because of MacB's aversion to the hub noise..."Hell's Bells, it's Luke again...etc ;)) it does feel a bit odd.
Tyres have the inflated rubber bit inside. I'm tubeless though - if that's was not having a telly means! :biggrin:
The biggest problem is the poseability aspect. 'Bunter on a bike' is not my forté, so I'll have to get some Lidl stuff and rebrand it Assos - should be able to prance with the best then...might even turn up and watch old guys race - you never know! :biggrin:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
arallsopp said:
Damn! Mikey came on the 'bent? He doesn't, erm, look like me, does he? ;)

9lbxbs.jpg

er yes and no!

15qrf5i.jpg

very nice but them tyers bluexx( they should be black:ohmy:

b990ms.jpg

this is how we do it

tollers pop into Next and pick up some leather gloves only £15

Top Bottom