England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BentMikey said:
Via Brookmill Road and the A2!!! I wouldn't blame him so much if it was Pepys, that's a respectable little climb.

I know distance isn't important but that's quite the long way round.;)
Jerningham Rd.(parallel to Pepys) now that's a real hill!

I'm off to Brockley in the morning I think I'll have a bash at climbing Pepys now I think about it!:thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Yeah, it's pretty much all downhill to London. Ian even does a little A2 dodgem to avoid Loampit Hill, the lazy blighter (it's tiny)!

I meant going to camberwell. for me that means going up norward hill. not that early on a sunday ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol, don't blame me... I was shown the route by someone else on this forum, wasn't I Mr Arallsop? ;):biggrin:

BentMikey said:
Yeah, it's pretty much all downhill to London. Ian even does a little A2 dodgem to avoid Loampit Hill, the lazy blighter (it's tiny)!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I have it easy...hills? what hills?!

Just to check who is coming this sunday that hasn't signed the jersey? I'm trying to arrange with Tynan to exchange on a weekday but would like to rack up more signatures (I think I have the record-hehe) of people coming along before I pass it on. I'm sniffly and the cold's getting worse- not sure I will be on the ride but can turn up at Camberwell with the jersey.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
ianrauk said:
lol, don't blame me... I was shown the route by someone else on this forum, wasn't I Mr Arallsop? :becool::biggrin:

Ooh you little bugger. I hope you treat your kid with more loyalty than that ;)

To be fair, I did live in Leathwell Road (just off brookmill) so it was less hill avoidance and more destination achievement that founded this one.

...and I took MistaPreston the other way last time, because, well, we figured certain old timers weren't around, and we might as well take advantage.

You know he loves an incline.

Tynan

Veteran
ttcycle said:
I have it easy...hills? what hills?!

Just to check who is coming this sunday that hasn't signed the jersey? I'm trying to arrange with Tynan to exchange on a weekday but would like to rack up more signatures (I think I have the record-hehe) of people coming along before I pass it on. I'm sniffly and the cold's getting worse- not sure I will be on the ride but can turn up at Camberwell with the jersey.

my understanding is those that have ridden with the jersey get to sign it, all this feckless signing as it passes by, or worse before posting is an utter betrayal of the relay ideals

tsk

tdr1nka said:
I lived in Elverson Road.:blush:

First road in London to have multiple speed bumps.

Or 'ow you say eet..."Lots of little eels..."

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tynan said:
my understanding is those that have ridden with the jersey get to sign it, all this feckless signing as it passes by, or worse before posting is an utter betrayal of the relay ideals

tsk

A technicality Tynan, the people that ride on the Sunday rides generally have ridden in the company of jersey of sorts. If we stuck by the signature only of relayers then it would be a much less rich experience. However, it just seems that no-one wants to take it on for the next part of the journey....:smile:

It'll get to you soon enough. I'm definitely feeling full of cold so not sure I'll make it out, will have to see what happens on the day...If well enough, I might have to 'gasp' get the bus to HPC or something...:biggrin:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
tdr1nka said:
I lived in Elverson Road.:smile:

Or, as most of my visitors of the time called it, "sorry, traffic awful, yeah, we're just about to turn into your - WHOAH!!! Who put a frickin great station in the way??? This isn't in the A-Z!!!"

Poor little cagers had to re-route every time. :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
I've waited/dithered for well over a year so no sweat as long as I get it

every week means better weather, hopefully

ttcycle said:
Ok trawling through the pages of Valentines excuses, it's Chinese New Year too...argh!!!

Well ok, the attendees looks a bit like this:

Mista Preston
Tollers?
Aperitif? - Woooo hoo first raffle of the year- you are a top man!
Gaz
Badboy
Origamist
Davywalnuts - welcome back!
User3143?

I think the meeting points are Dripping tap 8:45
New Cross- unsure of the time
Camberwell Green 9:30
HPC 10:00

The more the merrier!

Ok so who is defiantly coming then?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Clive, definite no from me- still got a bad cold.

Shame as there were going to be some new faces this sunday (apparently) so next time all. Probably means I can go stuff my face in a restaurant somewhere for Chinese New Year as my housemate wants to extract my carcass from my well slept in bed before I become one with the cotton sheets and duvet

Top Bottom