England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ok so thats 3 of us. This is my first outing in 2 weeks so I maybe a little slower than my normal slow pace.

Gaz i will see you at the DT, and Tollers normal spot at Camberwell

Lets see who else we see !

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Mista Preston said:
ok so thats 3 of us. This is my first outing in 2 weeks so I maybe a little slower than my normal slow pace.

Gaz i will see you at the DT, and Tollers normal spot at Camberwell

Lets see who else we see !

That sounds fine to me, done 140miles already this week

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
doubt ill be there at hp now as picking up new handle bars in the morning, albeit only a mile north away from hp, but at about 11am.

may see you lot on the road however!

Well done Clive, hope you 'got out of jail' and are deeply into hearts, flowers and children by now. Nice to meet Gaz for the first time and also the doyen of Commuting, BentMikey!

In fact, a short and sweet 65k and panic because I had to rush back and clean the road dribble from my bike. All better now, and the bottle of baby oil awaits..."love act Ti" :biggrin:

A photo later perhaps...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, I should be ok for next sunday and the 28th.

I wandered down to Brixton prior to this one, and then left it a bit late to get along the road to Wellington Arch. I saw the motely crew of cyclists and had time for a quick intro before there was a lot of leg hopping and a desire to repair to Hyde Park 'banstand conveniences'.
Now. I have quite big gloves but Mikey's were Wal-Mart sized...humungeous!
euesz9.jpg

Gloves-U-Like! :laugh:
zved6r.jpg

'Petite gloves' :smile:
ruoad2.jpg

Clive's head, Mikey and Gaz. (Gaz, at this point unaware of the advanced elocution lesson he would receive later that day..)

And we did a lap. topcat Dave did a tweet, and soon the roads were filled with cyclists, all keen to catch a glimpse of CycleChat's finest. On the turn at the Seperntine Gate, Mark let out a cry... "Yahoo!"(he just can't stop thinking about work that boy) - and off he accelerated.
At the exit towards Wellington Arch, I said ta ta and meandered upwards and Northwards, offering my services as an instant Valentine's date to forlorn types en route. I got home unemployed, and reeled with shock at 'dirty bike' :biggrin:
j5hwl1.jpg

Eeeeuw! :sad:
i2pxxj.jpg

Here's the complete tool...ah, sorry, it's another pic of my bike! :blush:

Roll on the milder weather...wipe on the baby oil.

User3143 said:
Nice bike Martin, I take it that's what you are riding on thr FRNttC?

Thanks Lee. Yes - I can't get the lights off, so I'll have to! :blush:

Actually, I am just getting used to it - weird gear changing etc and a more responsive feel. The Look is a bit of a wanderer (wasn't me getting lost guv, honest!) and the alu one is a bit clanky - if you know what I mean.
Might have to mudguardise it though - can't stand the merde everywhere!:sad:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
euesz9.jpg

Gloves-U-Like! :sad:

i2pxxj.jpg

Here's the complete tool...ah, sorry, it's another pic of my bike! :blush:

Damn! Mikey came on the 'bent? That seat and tubing look so familiar... He knows my mum... We're never seen together... Hmmm... I may be schizoid. He doesn't, erm, look like me, does he? :laugh:

Meanwhile, whichever of my personalities is dominant at the mo would like to comment on Ape's Ti Beast 'say... That's a nice bike'

Aperitif said:
Well done Clive, hope you 'got out of jail' and are deeply into hearts, flowers and children by now. Nice to meet Gaz for the first time and also the doyen of Commuting, BentMikey!

In fact, a short and sweet 65k and panic because I had to rush back and clean the road dribble from my bike. All better now, and the bottle of baby oil awaits..."love act Ti" :sad:

A photo later perhaps...

Good to see you again Martin, i got home and had a big family dinner. I got my very pregnant wife a "slanket" which se loved and got me outta jail :biggrin:

Good to meet Gaz and ride with you and BentMikey from Bromley.

We picked up TC who was sitting at the bottom of Bromley Hill, clearly contemplating climbing it :smile:. He had ventured from the clasps of the normal meet points. We then went at a good pace in the smowey rain up to New Cross. We stopped to see if Dom was about then onwards to meet Tollers on his winter bike :laugh: for our route to HP where we met Aperitif. A quick run around Hyde Park and we headed off back via Tower Bridge and home.

It was good to ride back with Gaz, i hope you made it back ok and Beckenham hill was kind on you

35 miles for me today and after 2 weeks off the bike i am knackered.:blush:

See you all next week and maybe the weather will sort itself out

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/24643629

Top Bottom