England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been meaning to get on this for a while.

May be out on Sunday if not too dead from a Saturday spin.

Can someone kindly remind me if there are fixed times for the meets on this (seem to remember a Camberwell Green pick-up) - apologies for asking but there are rather a lot of pages to this thread.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dripping Tap Bromley 8.30
Hyde Park Corner 9.30

and it's a question of interpolating from there, but I've caught them at Camberwell Green at 9.10. I'd get there by 9 just in case Ian's bike is especially clean.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I'm contemplating getting back into some local rides and wondered if folks would mind if I tagged along on Sunday, provided Dell's cat doesn't have bad news on the weather front. I'm based in Forest Hill so could get down to Bromley for 8.30 if feeling fresh and bright enough...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Don't know if anyone is interested but Greenwich Cyclists are doing a 30 mile run into Kent starting in Bromley at 10am.

If it's not raining I'm more than happy to come into town though

BBC has it down as lots of rain though...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm contemplating getting back into some local rides and wondered if folks would mind if I tagged along on Sunday, provided Dell's cat doesn't have bad news on the weather front. I'm based in Forest Hill so could get down to Bromley for 8.30 if feeling fresh and bright enough...

You would be more then welcome to join us Paul.
Rather then you make your way to Bromley, we could meet you in Catford/Rushey Green as we make our way to Lewisham and beyond.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Been meaning to get on this for a while.

May be out on Sunday if not too dead from a Saturday spin.

Can someone kindly remind me if there are fixed times for the meets on this (seem to remember a Camberwell Green pick-up) - apologies for asking but there are rather a lot of pages to this thread.

Hi Paul
be good to have you join us.
Timings are usually
Bromley 8.30
Lewisham 8.50
New Cross/Peckham 9.00
Camberwell Green 9.10
Vauxhall 9.20
Hyde Park Corner 9.30

lukesdad

Mmm round trip Harpenden to HPC 50 miles.......tell me, would I have to negotiate many of these traffik light thingys you ve told me about Ian ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, mate London is infested with the bloody things.
It's weird though.. on making our way from Bromley to Hyde Park.. we usually hit green after green...unfortunately that also means we sometimes hot red after red...

Be good to see you Mark if you can make it.

PippaG

Veteran
I'm supposed to be on a super duper early ride on Sunday morning, so depending what time that finishes, I might try and make it to HPC for 9.30. Mebbe. Which would be my first CC Sunday London ride....

Mmm round trip Harpenden to HPC 50 miles.......tell me, would I have to negotiate many of these traffik light thingys you ve told me about Ian ?

Straight down the A5. Traffic lights start appearing once you cross the M1 after Elstree and then there's an almost logarithmic increase in the frequency.

Not sure if I'll be along on Sunday - depends if I go out today or not.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Cheers Ian. I'll see how things (including the weather) go and may lurk along Rushey Green on the lookout for a peloton heading up to Lewisham. Any distinguishing bikes to look out for, or should I tag along with any ride that comes through?

You would be more then welcome to join us Paul.
Rather then you make your way to Bromley, we could meet you in Catford/Rushey Green as we make our way to Lewisham and beyond.

Top Bottom