England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yes I will be out and have no curfew...
thumbsup.png
not risking the home game against Ipswich, then?

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Lovely ride out today punctures aside. Thanks for the extra tube Simon, it went again a good while later. Found the bugger though. It was like the Kor-I-Nor!

Only thirty odd miles for me but wonderful to see you all and a nice surprise to bump into 'Teef at LMNH.

I promise I'll clean my bike for the next outing. Although I'd rather be puncture free as fixing the final one really mashed up my French Manicure.

Abs

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I hate you mice! texting me at 3.15am on a sunday :angry:

So i was up early :rolleyes: and went out to do the hampton loop then came into town to meet the others
susy simon luke becs abs ian clive ross martin mike , andy who was off to work and martin who popped into mums
for coffee

a nice sunny day had us on the ferry after coffee at mums

some idiot turning left on jamaica rd was trying to force me to turn left, it's not like he didn't see me :rolleyes:

HaloJ was there, i think she was riding a bike it was very hard to tell

79 miles

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a fresh day, and hitting 100 red lights did nothing to warm the blood - but it was great to see you all, and great to get out and about.

Oxford Street is starting to resemble an assault course! Can we give this a miss next time?

Ah ha! A kir and bleu D'Auvergne cheese will help me write this...I feel great!

Miss London wore her alluring scent today. "Un Coup du Soleil" proved seductive and irresistible - it reminded me of a free bar.
She was dressed in bracelets and necklaces of Borisblue...draped everywhere, and fitting nicely with the chiffon of humanity that billowed about her super form! All that to say it was a fantastic day to be alive - feeling the light of the day and resting content with one's lot.
I was late arriving to the normal start point and hit Aldwych for fun, as I was on the way to Old Street anyway. 'Look Mum No Hands' turned into look Mum no money as I forgot my dosh, but Luke bought me an expresso which was very nice (of him, and in taste).
I did invite my son over as he lives opposite, but he was recovering from a night in ChinaWhite :rolleyes: - and no, he's not a footballer. My visit was short - I said hello to Abs - first time in a long time, Becs - who I thought was skiing but was obviously desperate for good company so came back to ride, and I got a hug worth 50 cups of the finest expresso from lovely Susie...(Not forgetting the bloke people of course! :tongue:)
Our topcat, Dave, was into the pheromones of eatery after getting a whiff of the cooking under way at LMNH. His stomach evoked a familiar phrase
[media]
]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvufFwdqMzg[/media]

Remember Dave. If you are a top cat, it doesn't matter what time the mice catches your eye - your reputation is at stake! :biggrin:
About an hour later I re-emerged into London, and had a look around, hightailed to Kings Cross and, instead of turning right to work again, carried on, and took Gt Portland Gower St (sorry - stupid me not thinking properly!) to Cov. Gdn. then took in Trafalgar Square, before rejoicing in the flooding sun all the way to Hyde Park again, and again. There may have been other Lapps in the Park - I did three, with a dob of Speaker's Corner thrown in and a soupçon of people watching. I even turned right to visit Mikey at the Memorial, but he wasn't there. there was someone doing a Cat Stevens sound-a-like concert though, and the audience were happily simmering in the gentle rays. Prince Albert was there...although his name might not ring most people's bell...
After that, I emerged to negotiate the A5 and all it's variety. The gangster, the family, the pensioner, the hoodie, the Emirate, the Baptist...all moving their 'kandy colored, tangerine flake streamlined babies' from position to position, slowly and clumsily. (Only half sexy then ;) ) and I became invisible again.
Lovely to say 'Hi' and Happy New Year to all present, and only sorry that I didn't get more of a chance to gossip as I had questions to ask.
I'll have a shower and pop some photos into the fray...

redjedi

Über Member
Yet another glorious day for a London ride.

I agree with Dellzeqq though, Oxford street can be missed next time.

Look Mums is a very nice place for a coffee, as long as you don't mind waiting 15 mins for it. We should phone through our order as we're leaving HPC next time
rolleyes.gif

Lots of punctures for Abs this time, so I was relieved it wasn't just me who has suffered recently.

Decided to follow last few back into London, as I had already missed my 1pm deadline (glad of it too) and tackle the great Haverstock Mountain with Abs and Becs. Abs needed more inner tubes from the most understaffed Evans in London, and Becs needed food so raced home. While waiting for Abs to get served, I managed to pick out 3 large bits of glass, surely saving an inevitable puncture.

The "hill" wasn't too bad, I did need to change down a gear though
whistling.gif
, before leaving Abs at the top to race back down to Regents park, Hyde Park and home.

52.8 miles for me today.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a glorious day for a ride.
The sky was blue, the sun shone, and there were Cycle Chat cycling chums in abundance.. what more could you ask for?
(Except for people to please at least try clean their bikes a little bit
rolleyes.gif
icon_wink.gif
)

60 miles today for me...
and first time on the 'nice' bike for over a month
dirol.gif

Top Bottom