England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
345zjom.jpg

Ian leaves a little note for Abs
biggrin.gif

So you've found out that Abs is a dirty girl.
wink.gif

Didn't even see yours Andy... :whistle: ;)

Photo time.
I like the Aldwych approach to Old Street. I like to pass by 'my property' and relish the rode roads of regality to Admiralty Arch and thence to The Strand. Let's all go down there next time.
I got side tracked amongst the redevelopment and hubris of hoardings and explored 'the real Barbican'.

54db4h.jpg

I then spent time admiring St Giles Church in Cripplegate, before moving Oldstreetwards - just to check out the dudeology. Lo! Topcat was about to enter (famous last words). Mistral / Mick was close behind. Classy things often come in pairs...
So! The Sunday Ride had once again decided to treat their tastebuds at 'Look Mum No Hands'
The music reigned supreme - cooling the errant abrasive characters...

2e54fo5.jpg

Martin is waiting on Gillette...having dumped Tiger Woods

Generally, LMNH is good. Here is a general of the crew...

2vvj9rd.jpg

I would like to see a 50 rider ride to Old street in 2011. It would give the place a bit of credibility and give a '+1' (no, not you this time Stu) to Ian who drives the Bromley train and from which all this has developed...

Ian (at right) Mistral / Mick (centre) and Ross (L). Becs cannot but make her prescence felt on the (I'm lost for words now) (Far left)

2a4v8w.jpg

Anyway- next shot, a puzzler. Where is this?

ou8vnq.jpg

Hey! Don't think that is all, you peeps! More punishment:

I saw my son and his entourage and returned downtown. To Trafalgar Square - exactly at a time where nothing matters.

Aproaching from Charing Cross Road:

6yo13t.jpg
Present, Past and Future. Me, Admiral Nelson, the bird, the plane, the people walking by, and - water. I only allow for a limited amount of romance in my life now, so...

And bearing this in mind for 2011:

175v7c.jpg

Canaletto? More like canelloni- I hope mangaman had a great time!

2ep32jb.jpg

I looked at life from the other side, and was reassured that all is well with London.

2dr8090.jpg

So much to absorb...but I will end with an arguement at Speakers Corner. The guy in the stetson is cool, and has something to say - always. This time, one of stetson's 'regular' hecklers got 'secondary heckled' by a tourist and the argument degenerated into apes and their common parts...I did another lap. P&London.

2w2e7te.jpg

Today was a lovely feel.

When I don't have my daughter staying for the weekend, I'll be there. Providing I don't get left behind again in Richmond Park. :tongue:
Andy - I understand completely. The Sunday Ride will come to you (and Miss) - how about that when it gets warmer?! (We understsnd you are already too old and knee fragile to cope with all the ups and downs..) ;) :smile:
(Oh - and the technology) :rofl:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Anyone fancy a combined pootle & visit to the London Bike Show next weekend? I've won two pairs of tickets, so that means three for anyone who wants them. Saturday would be better for me (engineering work on the line into Waterloo).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not for me thanks Stu - great win though.

Yup, hopefully it'll be better than the Cycle Show was in October- but at least this one's a freebie, so a good start.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Didn't know you took a pic
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
... took a while for Abs to notice..
biggrin.gif

I'm very trusting :biggrin: I saw you doing something with the bike but just presumed you were looking at the brakes or dérailleur whilst I was looking for the ice burg in my tyre. Didn't half make me laugh when I realised what you'd done. :biggrin:

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 28
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 29

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Weather not looking good for this coming sunday I'm afraid.
Evening standard is reporting gale force winds and over 2 inches of rain.

Top Bottom