England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
:smile: I can't even do a second class stamp on the pedals at the moment Stu - be careful out there...no 'pushing the envelope' on your bike!

Main roads in Pompey were clearer yesterday & this morning than they were the other week, no problems. It is snowing again, but so far it's not settling. Fingers crossed for 5-6 tonight.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
These companies are not welcome in this thread
whistling.gif

Had problems with them Clive?

Looks like I'll be finishing work next Monday so definitely up for a ride on Tuesday (21st). Who's with me (and Mice)?

i'm around on the 21st and 22nd (and poss the morning of the 23rd) if anyone fancies a ride out - i need to burn off some of this week's xmas party excess!

[QUOTE 944900"]
So anybody out and about Tues, Wed, Thurs this week in London for a social ride? Assume roads are OK? On hols and if I don't start moving more I'm going to start growing out, not up.

[/quote]

3 wise :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the South Circular had ice on it this morning. Yours truly got 'expermental' on the Brommie at Atkins Road. The back roads are covered in a fine tilth of snow that has been melted and then refrozen in places. And it's going to stay cold, getting colder over Christmas. Essex Road isn't safe. Borough High Street and the main roads around the South Bank are fine.

I'll be commuting to the tube station and then folding the thing up and nothing more than that. Fair play, though to the cyclist at Clapham South at 6.25 this morning. In threequarters!

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 944905"]

as I'll be at Twickenham that day for Harlequins against London Irish, with kids and friends and their kids. I've got a feeling that will be a very messy day. :tongue:

[/quote]

I sincerely hope you're not a Harlequins fan as it'll be messy and depressing if you are. :boxing:

redjedi

Über Member
I'm not going to risk it until the roads are a bit clearer.
Even with my new 4 seasons, I don't think they mean a couple of inches of wintry sludgy ice.

I'm going to have to get a MTB sorted for next year!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm not going to risk it until the roads are a bit clearer.
Even with my new 4 seasons, I don't think they mean a couple of inches of wintry sludgy ice.

I'm going to have to get a MTB sorted for next year!

I think given the long term forecast, there is no to minimal chance of me being out on Xmas day btw. I'll have to find something else to do while the turkey is cooking, perhaps I'll have a few beers....... :cheers:

redjedi

Über Member
I think given the long term forecast, there is no to minimal chance of me being out on Xmas day btw. I'll have to find something else to do while the turkey is cooking, perhaps I'll have a few beers....... :cheers:

I think you're right.

But Monday's forecast is now 5-7 degrees by midday, with a bit of rain to help clear the last of the snow and ice :wahhey:

It's not often I look forward to a bit of rain. But the week may not be a cold turkey after all.

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 944912"]
Harlequins 10

London Irish 8

User1314 11 (pints of beer!)

I therefore declare myself the winner.

[/quote]

Oh I don't know, I've done a fair bit of practice in this beer drinking lark in the last week or so

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think you're right.

But Monday's forecast is now 5-7 degrees by midday, with a bit of rain to help clear the last of the snow and ice :wahhey:

It's not often I look forward to a bit of rain. But the week may not be a cold turkey after all.

It's an idea and probably a good one but I've kind of got Monday booked as the hangover from hell in preparation for returning to work Thursday.

I'll try to make the Sunday ride on the 2nd!!

no riding for me until after xmas I reckon - there's no way I can get down the hill I live on until it defrosts, even on the pub bike. I'll be back back in London and up for riding as much as possible from 30th - 2nd to try to get a little fitter for skiing :wahhey: Looks like I'm stuck with jogging until then :angry:

redjedi

Über Member
It's an idea and probably a good one but I've kind of got Monday booked as the hangover from hell in preparation for returning to work Thursday.

I'll try to make the Sunday ride on the 2nd!!

no riding for me until after xmas I reckon - there's no way I can get down the hill I live on until it defrosts, even on the pub bike. I'll be back back in London and up for riding as much as possible from 30th - 2nd to try to get a little fitter for skiing :wahhey: Looks like I'm stuck with jogging until then :angry:

I'll probably be available for cycling almost any day next week, as long as the current forecast stays as it is or gets even better.

Family Christmas is now out of the way, and now starts the recovery from all the food I ate and all the wine I drank :tongue:

Top Bottom