England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
A fine looking morning in Sarf london. I shall be at HPC 09:30 - fitted new wheels yesterday so a decent excuse to test 'em.

I'll be there, will try not to be late
whistling.gif

Where is HPC?

Hello Richard, Wellington Arch in the middle is the usual meeting place. Wish I was there- but I can hardly bend my left knee this morning. Oh woe! (Must have been all the walking I did yesterday :tongue:). My usual route to town goes from Eastcote, through Rayners Lane followed by North Harrow - used to live in Southfield Park then Holmdene avenue many moons ago...

A morning polishing your Dad's bike with stand you in good stead Mark! Maybe you also need to sample the wine list ...:biggrin: Welcome back to Londres.

Thanks Martin,

I'll be checking out his Pearson later to see how it fits. The wine list is all mine, having run off to the colonies leaving my collection in my childhood bedroom....

5253370195_62bfa17f07_b.jpg

Just another 8-12 years before i can try this puppy....

155381_10150367391225002_778270001_16130770_4577213_n.jpg

Dodgy St Emilions like that would look good in the bottle cage of a nice bicycle...
018_hublot.jpg

Hope you cuddle it up at night, like a normal person's teddybear!
A propos nothing much, I went to The Salon des Vignerons Independants, in Paris a couple of weeks ago. Spent a long time drinking Vosne Romanee and Echezeaux - no flashy wines on sale - just the little ones.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
When was this the wine corner?! Hahaha! Welcome back Mark! Hope you get over the jetlag enough to come on a ride.

Since I am on here...it's pretty clear that I haven't made it on the ride; it's glorious out there and I'm sad that I'm not on the bike.

Thing is I need to come up with a bit of a strategy as two/three times I said I would go, I wake up in the morning super tired (sometimes justified and sometimes not justified) and then text Ian saying I can't make it and need more sleep.

Now the thing is - it's not a secret that it's been tough for over a year now and things are still pretty hard going, it's really effecting my mood, which I can suffer with anyway as I've indicated on other threads (I am hoping it will turn around soon) however, I feel like I'm really struggling with motivation to get back out on the bike-the last time I was out on the bike was the sunday ride I managed to make (that was only cause Dom kindly came to mine and rode with me to Sloane Sq) and am not commuting or riding otherwise.

So I need to sort this out until I can properly get out and about on the bike without a big kick up the arse- What I'm asking is if there is anyone who I can arrange to meet either near mine/at mine or a close enough meet point before HPC that I have to do- if someone's waiting for me then I have to get out and go if I say i will be riding. I'm South but PM if you're able to do this.

So that's me, bit of a closet cyclist at the moment. Sorry for the big ask but must do something about this now.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
went up to HPC on Brompton2, with my toolbox on the back, just to say hello - I had to take up some flooring this morning.

Quite a turnout - at least a dozen, and maybe fifteen. They were off to Parliament Hill Fields.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Good ride out with old friends. Sorry Clive and I had to bow out before the we reached Ally Pally. A 1pm deadline meant a quick nip south replaced the cafe.

Balance was restored when it became clear that Clive's GPS represents the equal and opposite reaction to mine. Wouldn't touch the A10, and wanted forever to calculate. (Mine on the other hand calculates very rapidly, locating the nearest major road and steering me directly onto it, though not always in the direction I want to go.)

We soon gave up and went left a bit, follow it round, left and next right, aha! The Gherkin! Aim for that.

Lost begat found begat London Bridge begat Tooley Street, Lewisham, Bromley and home ahead of the hour.

Just. :smile:

Lovely morning for it. We headed north for a change, up to Alexandra Palace and had a yummy breakfast opposite a very icy duck pond, before heading back through Islington towards HPC down Oxford Street (nightmare!). About 30miles ish for me, good to see so many people out. Funniest moment was a very unlikely scalping by a WSO on a BSO going up towards Seven Sisters! :eek:

All the stop-starting through London has left me pining for the countryside. Mice (now super speedy!) and I were chatting about heading out to Herts/Essex on the 22nd (weather and work permitting) for a nice long run, if people fancy joining us let me know!

Grace - if you want to do some rides over xmas let me know! I don't mind coming south as long as I have a map! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yes Becs I'm up for that for sure. Got to take it easy as haven't been in the saddle much but need to get out much more.

Crock mentioned at the Christmas party that he fancied a xmas ride commitments permitting....this could be it!

Top Bottom