England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
looks like I won't be there after all - going to stay in Brighton after the night ride and cycle along the coast to see the grandparents in Bognor on Sunday if the weather is ok. Anyone cycled in that region before?

Yes - Davy, MacB, Rich and I did the coastal route to Bognoria and beyond. Toward Hove is lovely, and there is a nice café opposite Brunswick Square, with views of the esplanade. A bit industrial and 'racetracky' trying to hug the 'line toward Bongo...it's a pity that Rich is out of action or he would have given you a guided tour of selected points of interest! Plenty of architectural delights with views to envy too!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
looks like I won't be there after all - going to stay in Brighton after the night ride and cycle along the coast to see the grandparents in Bognor on Sunday if the weather is ok. Anyone cycled in that region before?

Yup, I rode along to Brighton and back earlier this year. The cycle route along the coast is pretty good for the most part, though the signage does have an unfortunate knack of disappearing at certain points (Sustrans are still working on it). Out of Brighton's easy (all well marked), and if you just keep following the signs for the next town along you'll be fine. The A259 isn't too bad but there are alternatives if you want to avoid it.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
weather dependent again. Must look out my 'Directory of Cemeteries, Necropolises, Plague Pits and Burial Grounds'. Have you lot had my Wood Street Graveyard lecturette?

The SMRbtH will be back by 1pm!! :rolleyes:

On Sunday! I'm staying with the Vickster Saturday night and heading out for a girlie night out in Brighton!

As long as there is a Martin on the ride, it has got to be better!

I have hardly bothered about the GPS Grace, as I haven't 'led' ie: reccied any rides with it, so it has not been usefully employed!
I did turn up for a couple of laps the other evening on my clunker, but the 'London' people were a bit thin on the ground. Zim ran away and Big Martin only works part-time anyway so he's 'cosy up' at home by the time real people crawl out of their captivity! :tongue: Becs Carlos and topcat were warming the tarmac, along with Micetrice.

Maybe this weekend, if I can sort out a few things. Where is it to...a lap around Heathrow?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
weather dependent again. Must look out my 'Directory of Cemeteries, Necropolises, Plague Pits and Burial Grounds'. Have you lot had my Wood Street Graveyard lecturette?

I'm not too keen on cemeteries, churches are ok

so who's out 2morrow?

Top Bottom