England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm happy to be advised on this one. I've done some fairly long days but never strung two together which is where I assume the problems start.

At the mo, it's in the very first stages of discussion (although I have got provisional clearance from SWMBO. The cost of this clearance hasn't been raised yet but I'm sure it will be far more than that of the trip!!!) :rolleyes:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It's not the average speed, but the overall mileage per day, every day which is the problem, as dellzeqq was hinting at.

+1.

Intending to do a LeJOG myself- Paul Harding, one of the regulars on the Legion's Pedal to Paris, is putting together an end-to-end, again in aid of the Legion, an eight-dayer from May 28, maximum of 16 riders. Assuming I can get the leave sorted, I'll be there.

zigzag

Veteran
regarding lejog i would rather do 7-day scenic route than 5-day fast route. but maybe not next year as i have pbp in my sight and it would be too selfish to spend so much holiday time without my other half.

hmm I think you guys are way too speedy for me - I thought a 2 week lejog would be enough of a challenge! (although apparently it's 250 odd miles longer than the sprint route up the A roads)

On another note, am I going to get a (metaphorically) smacked bottom for having a dirty bike on sunday?
unsure.gif

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
6 days is very do-able. 5 is tough. What happens is that the rest time (say 9pm to 7am) gets squeezed. Having said that - a couple of people on the ride I did started from considerably further back than any of you. Think max distance 36 miles late Jan, max distance 202 miles late June, followed by 180, 165, 190, 150. Bear in mind, though, that it ain't flat.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
not joining us then Martin?????

Top Bottom