Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
do you think ?

Also looks like they are wiring in a UPS type connection for power cuts to the fuse board. Be able to run lighting and a double socket ,circa 13amp load. Could be handy ?!

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
We don't have a great deal of south-facing roof, but we've run some calculations and think it'd be best to get a ground-mounted array of 16no 385W panels in our paddock. It'll need planning permission and DNO consent but I don't think that's going to be an insurmountable problem.

Probably with a 10kWh battery.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
do you think ?

Also looks like they are wiring in a UPS type connection for power cuts to the fuse board. Be able to run lighting and a double socket ,circa 13amp load. Could be handy ?!

we had one guy in the house doing all the wiring and inverter, the other guy on the roof fitting the mounting brackets etc etc.......all done by lunch.

Then after lunch they both carried the panels up onto the roof, fitting them in around and hour, connected them up and than ran them through testing. all done

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Number of panels ? Bungalow ? Not bothered to be honest , price is agreed. It’s zip up scaffolding, so bit of time for that . I think tomorrow will be commissioning ?

Hebe

getting better all the time
5kw panels 10Kw battery , it’s going to be a couple of days . Which is fine , don’t want it rushed !
That's what we had initially, plus ev charger. The guys were due back on Friday to fit a second battery but had a cancellation so are here today. Ours took a few hours one day for scaffolding, battery, inverter and ev charger went in before solar, solar took a day once everything arrived and then getting everything working was another visit (we needed some electrical work doing too).

jowwy

Number of panels ? Bungalow ? Not bothered to be honest , price is agreed. It’s zip up scaffolding, so bit of time for that . I think tomorrow will be commissioning ?

8 panels, 2 storey house...scaffold fitted day before install and removed 2 days after

jowwy

Grind the tiles so that brackets are flush ? Quite a bit of work if done right I suspect ?!

all mine fit flush, no grinding was needed...all according the type of tiles i suppose. I'm sure they are doing a brilliant job and you wont regret it one all is finished

Last edited:

Alex321

Guru
It is guaranteed for 10 years, hopefully will last a good bit longer.

Or do you mean how long can we run on a full charge? In which case it depends on the time of year, the weather and other variables. We very rarely use 16kWh in a day, but it never gets fully charged at this time of year. From March to October we will very rarely discharge it fully, so should hardly be taking anything at all from the grid.

It actually got up to 80% charge yesterday, which means it didn't discharge overnight, we have had 24 hours without taking anything from the grid, for the first time in 2023.

jowwy

It actually got up to 80% charge yesterday, which means it didn't discharge overnight, we have had 24 hours without taking anything from the grid, for the first time in 2023.

how much overnight power do you use, that would discharge nearly 80% of your battery???

for ref: We used 1.9kwhs from 4:30pm ( when it went dark) to 7:00am ( when i entered my WFH office) this morning

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
all mine fit flush, no grinding was needed...all according the type of tiles i suppose. I'm sure they are doing a brilliant job and you wont regret it one all is finished

I’ve got no problems at all !! ^_^ Hopefully that is how it remains ! Guys having been telling me about the Powerwall battery’s by Tesla 100kg plus ! Need permission to fit I assume by the DNO. They fitted one last week £10k !!! Just for the battery:whistle: . Runs on Musk electrons which are the best electrons money can buy:laugh:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
how much overnight power do use, that would discharge nearly 80% of your battery???

for ref: We used 1.9kwhs from 4:30pm ( when it went dark) to 7:00am ( when i entered my WFH office) this morning

I’m bursting 2kw from midnight till 6 am approx !

jowwy

I’ve got no problems at all !! ^_^ Hopefully that is how it remains ! Guys having been telling me about the Powerwall battery’s by Tesla 100kg plus ! Need permission to fit I assume by the DNO. They fitted one last week £10k !!! Just for the battery:whistle: . Runs on Musk electrons which are the best electrons money can buy:laugh:

DNO only needed for inverter size....not panels or batteries. i didnt require DNO permission for my system as the inverter is under 3.7kw

Last edited:
Top Bottom