Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did it go. have you jumped for it, or looking for other quotes?

I eventually got fed up of my installer the other day & went to the office, to ask where my Export number was, not that it's much use currently, they had the email with the form & thought the DNO had also sent it direct to me so hadn't forwarded it on. I now have a copy which has been uploaded to Octopus.

We've jumped on it. Price seemed decent and the guys were very professional too.

Probably getting installed some time in January now.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
How long does it take to get solar panels installed on the roof these days . I never actually asked my installer this question :whistle: , they are coming tomorrow so booked the day off but have a feeling I may need Thu off as well !

Alex321

Guru
How long does it take to get solar panels installed on the roof these days . I never actually asked my installer this question :whistle: , they are coming tomorrow so booked the day off but have a feeling I may need Thu off as well !

Ours were done in one day. Then another day later for the battery, but that was because it wasn't available until several months after the panels.

And that was for a big installation (10.14kW, 26 panels), done in February.

Fair enough , weathers to be not bad. Frosty but apparently they guys are geared up for it !? Shall report back tomorrow ^_^

Ours is meant to be happening this week.
Wednesday scaffolding set up.
Thursday panels mounted
Friday all connected up.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Will see what the guys say this morning . Hoping no more than two days .

what are you having fitted in total?? my system was fitted in a bit less than a full day.....they arrived around 8:30 and was done by 3

Jameshow

Veteran
How much is a 10kw array?

And how long is the payback in today's prices.

Alex321

Guru
Good sized battery how long will that last?

It is guaranteed for 10 years, hopefully will last a good bit longer.

Or do you mean how long can we run on a full charge? In which case it depends on the time of year, the weather and other variables. We very rarely use 16kWh in a day, but it never gets fully charged at this time of year. From March to October we will very rarely discharge it fully, so should hardly be taking anything at all from the grid.

Top Bottom