Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Your system has to check that there is energy available from the grid, and that seems to draw a small current.

Mine has shown an import of between 0.28kWh and 0.49kWh every day since we have had the battery, even though there have not been any days we have exhausted the battery.

I think there is lot of aggregation going on, as the amount shown on the PV inverter (which in itself maybe aggregated over a time period) is not always the same as on the battery inverter.

Annoyingly we had some lovely sunshine whilst he was fiddling with the system, now he's finished the first part the sun has gone in :laugh::laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Smart Meters have stopped reporting back to Octopus so I manually read them this morning, the gas is a real pain, have to lay on the floor to do it. But then about an hour later I got this email which is quite pleasing apart from the amount I currently have with them.

Selection_159.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

Smart Meters have stopped reporting back to Octopus so I manually read them this morning, the gas is a real pain, have to lay on the floor to do it. But then about an hour later I got this email which is quite pleasing apart from the amount I currently have with them.

View attachment 668011

I thought I had posted this in the Energy Bill Increases thread but clearly not, our Smart not being very Smart have decided to stop talking to Octopus, so the other day I manually uploaded meter readings, unfortunately I gave them the Export number 134 instead of the Import number 334 that you see above :laugh::laugh: We're £60 poorer now, but still not bad, I wonder if Octopus will back pay us for the 134 which will mean £20 back to us.

On another theme, I was in contact again today with the DNO it's 45 working days since it was submitted, the maximum that Ofgen allow, it has been agreed & a letter attached to an email sent to my installer, advising it is approved & that a fee of £365+vat is payable, not sure whether they will release the MPAN number I need to the installer before they receive the payment or not.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I thought I had posted this in the Energy Bill Increases thread but clearly not, our Smart not being very Smart have decided to stop talking to Octopus, so the other day I manually uploaded meter readings, unfortunately I gave them the Export number 134 instead of the Import number 334 that you see above :laugh::laugh: We're £60 poorer now, but still not bad, I wonder if Octopus will back pay us for the 134 which will mean £20 back to us.

On another theme, I was in contact again today with the DNO it's 45 working days since it was submitted, the maximum that Ofgen allow, it has been agreed & a letter attached to an email sent to my installer, advising it is approved & that a fee of £365+vat is payable, not sure whether they will release the MPAN number I need to the installer before they receive the payment or not.

no they won't, but i did ask that question myself lol

D

Deleted member 26715

My survey is booked for next week ! Woohoo !

How did it go. have you jumped for it, or looking for other quotes?

I eventually got fed up of my installer the other day & went to the office, to ask where my Export number was, not that it's much use currently, they had the email with the form & thought the DNO had also sent it direct to me so hadn't forwarded it on. I now have a copy which has been uploaded to Octopus.

SOlar not my favourite thing at the moment

We FINALLY had the batteries installed about 8 weeks ago
since then they have gone from about 50% charged to ZERO - flat nothing
I know that the sun has been a bit dim but the BMS should keep them above zero

also - as far as I can tell the system has also not exported a single watt to the grid since the batteries were installed

Installers are normally quite responsive but they couldn;t find what was wrong - got me to restart a few things
and we found that everything had somehow reset
I sorted out the wifi connection and it all started connecting again
but the installers couldn;t get it working properly
they said they had to refer it to Fox and would get back to me

that was over 2 weeks ago

anyway - in the meantime we are having the loft boarded - and the workmen accidentally caused a leak
as a reult I switched off the power to the whole house - the water dripping from a celing light upstairs makes me over-react sometimes!

after all that was sorted out I switched off all the solar stuff and switched it back on properly and magically the panels are working now
even exporting a small amount to the grid

but batteries still flat zero

Loft boarding should be finished today - all delayed due to leaks and stuff - so I will have to get back to the installer this afternoon and play hell with them about ignoring the problems!!!

D

Deleted member 26715

Installers are normally quite responsive but they couldn;t find what was wrong - got me to restart a few things
and we found that everything had somehow reset
I sorted out the wifi connection and it all started connecting again
but the installers couldn;t get it working properly
they said they had to refer it to Fox and would get back to me

No idea of Fox, but my Growatt inverter/charger has a panel where you can decide where you want the PV current to go, mine is on load first, so we use whatever we're producing & then only when what's coming in exceeds the the load does it go to the battery.

There is another panel you can go to to change all of this, do you have something similiar?

Selection_215.jpg

Selection_214.jpg

Selection_213.jpg

I can change it to "Force Charge" on the app which will, if necessary, use the grid to charge the batteries.
Not normally relevant to us but useful if you have cheaper energy at certain times of the day

Of course, with the windter saving schemes it could be useful

And I think the installers tried setting it at one point but it doesn;t seem to have charged the battery

I would assume that the BMS would also use this to trickle a small amount of charge into the battery in order to keep its charge level above critical
But this seems to be the area where the fault is - the batteries just don;t seem to charge!

anyway - I have rung up and moaned - we shall see whether or not they react

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My application for the energy trust loan ( Sco Gov ) has been excepted ! Just waiting on paper work which is gonna be nervy as my employer has decided that is not as important as parcels now :whistle: . Anyway had my install date booked in for the middle of Jan next year !

D

Deleted member 26715

Applied for Octopus Outgoing last week, today I got this email, yes it is from them it's on my account on the website it starts

"Your electricity switch is officially complete. Congratulations - you're now a customer with Octopus Energy."

Which is weird as I've been a customer for the past 4 months, I also have the exact some email from the 16th August.

So have I got this email as Export has now been enabled, where do I find it on the account as it's not jumping off the page at me?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Applied for Octopus Outgoing last week, today I got this email, yes it is from them it's on my account on the website it starts

"Your electricity switch is officially complete. Congratulations - you're now a customer with Octopus Energy."

Which is weird as I've been a customer for the past 4 months, I also have the exact some email from the 16th August.

So have I got this email as Export has now been enabled, where do I find it on the account as it's not jumping off the page at me?

you should have 3 accounts - electric x 2 and gas x 1 on the accounts page

they use the same email and set-up as if you was a new customer, i was told to just ignore the emails and wait for the account to appear on my screen

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom