Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm trying to work out if it would now be cost effective to get a 2nd battery, I can see a single battery being fine during the summer months, but going forward now the battery is getting 100% charged during the day but being drained quite a bit whilst the evening meal is being cooked, which then does not have time to recover as the sun has already gone down.

im hoping the selling back of KW's to the grid via octopus outging at 15p will cancel out energy used in the evenings, without paying huge amounts for battery storage

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you have the Octopus smart meter, do you know the number they show for the cost of energy that day includes the daily charge, or is it just the actual usage? Ours is below £2 most days so I can live with £60-70 a month, but suspect they'll be another £30 on top for sanding charges

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My smart meter does not even show two different tariffs on Octopus. Regarding batteries, I have 6.2 kWh in batteries and was thinking about another, but so far seem to be able to last easily until my cheap rate kicks in at 12.30am. However, I do wonder if that will still be the case if they are not full at 4pm when it gets dark.

jowwy

Not bad for a 3.2kw system on a damp, cloudy day in october

1666180106872.png

jowwy

Do you have the Octopus smart meter, do you know the number they show for the cost of energy that day includes the daily charge, or is it just the actual usage? Ours is below £2 most days so I can live with £60-70 a month, but suspect they'll be another £30 on top for sanding charges

it includes the daily charge......as midnight strikes the daily usage resets to 47p and then starts to accrue on top of that as you use electric

caveat - the 47p daily charge is my charge, others maybe more or less

Milkfloat

An Peanut
so around 2.7kw on what size system??

6.4, but I have not seen anything above 3.4kW which is understandable as I am split East and West and the inverter is only rated to 3.6kW. Th system was installed about 5 weeks ago, so I have not seen a really sunny day.

jowwy

6.4, but I have not seen anything above 3.4kW which is understandable as I am split East and West and the inverter is only rated to 3.6kW. Th system was installed about 5 weeks ago, so I have not seen a really sunny day.

makes sense......still good figures tho

jowwy

how is the octopus outgoing tarif going milky???

Milkfloat

An Peanut
how is the octopus outgoing tarif going milky???

Unknown - I don't even know if it is setup fully as my account is not showing me a huge amount. I am reluctant to query it until I get my first bill as I am not supposed to have Octopus Outgoing in conjunction is Octopus Go. At least they are taking meter readings for the outgoing.

Top Bottom