Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
I'm on the old system, 'Feed in Tariff', and can't get Octopus to take me, despite e-mails for over a month now. Guess I'll just have to stay where I am.

Worth phoning them, although there can be a long wait time. Once you get through, and explain your situation, they are very helpful IME, and got me set up there and then - on their standard tariff, but easily changeable online once setup.

Last edited:
Worth phoning them, although there can be a long wait time. Once you get through, and explain your situation, they are very helpful IME, and got me set up there and then - on their standard tariff, but easily changeable online once setup.

Make sure you do it from a phone with free calls - I have just noticed that my calls to EDF to get the SEG will probably wipe out the payments for a long time!!

Alex321

Guru
Make sure you do it from a phone with free calls - I have just noticed that my calls to EDF to get the SEG will probably wipe out the payments for a long time!!

I hardly even consider that unless it is a premium number. Both my mobile and our home phone have unlimited calls to regular UK numbers and mobiles included.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Our panels have arrived! Scaffolding should go up this week and then installation next Saturday. The cabling is done already as much as possible and the battery and inverter/car charger in place. I need to start thinking about selling any excess back to the grid, though I don’t know how much excess there’ll be over the winter months with a battery too.

irw

Quadricyclist
Panel Day tomorrow! Me and my brother have spent the last two days cleaning the roof, replacing the front gutters, and replacing a couple of broken tiles before they get covered up:
IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The guys are here……so by the end of today we be solaring lol

jowwy

That must be a relief after the various delays! Our scaffolding has just gone up, panels will be fitted on Saturday.

Yeh it is….lost out on some seriously good solar days over the last fortnight. But all good now

Hebe

getting better all the time
Yes, it’s beautiful today! Our initial installation date was the last week of June so I am just very relieved to have it all going in soon.

jowwy

Panels are all up, guys are having a cuppa and then we can flip the switch to power on and set-up the monitoring system.

Top Bottom