Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just had my quote from the council run solar panel auction.

6.5k for 12 panels etc

5k for a 7kwh battery or 6k for a 10kwh battery.

Doesn't sound too bad to me ?

12 panels of what wattage???

Warranty is 10 years on workmanship and products.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-20-16-24-08-57_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-20-16-24-08-57_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2022-10-20-16-23-52-99_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-20-16-23-52-99_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just out of interest I stuck my details into the East Suffolk Council linked supplier earlier today and it came back with the follwing quote
1666291089076.png

I don't know the size of the panels, their output or the size of my roof before anyone asks, but a later quote using a different email address and a guessed roof size of 6m x 3m suggested 6 panels with a total price of abour £8300, but I didn't save that one andthe house is ESE/WNW orientated.
I'm not sure it's worth it being a very low user - even in winter I'm only using about 160kWh per month, although this will probably increase now I'm part retired.

jowwy

Just out of interest I stuck my details into the East Suffolk Council linked supplier earlier today and it came back with the follwing quote
View attachment 665274
I don't know the size of the panels, their output or the size of my roof before anyone asks, but a later quote using a different email address and a guessed roof size of 6m x 3m suggested 6 panels with a total price of abour £8300, but I didn't save that one andthe house is ESE/WNW orientated.
I'm not sure it's worth it being a very low user - even in winter I'm only using about 160kWh per month, although this will probably increase now I'm part retired.

Im a low user like yourself at between 150/160kwh a month……but its the price of those units a month that convinced me in the end to get a 3.2kwh system put on the roof, but no battery. The system will cover daytime loads and any excess sell back to the grid, to offset evening and nightime use. I went against a battery for now to keep the costs down.

jowwy

Dont think today is going to be a solar day lol.......

Should we start a solar production thread and keep this one as solar panel advice, just a thought???

D

Deleted member 26715

Should we start a solar production thread and keep this one as solar panel advice, just a thought???

Probably a good idea, we also may need a are my panels f**ked thread, pretty sure something is wrong with my system, may have to do a reboot, it was only showing producing 20w for most of the day yesterday with a total of 0.2kWh, it's still showing the same 20w today, yet it's a lot brighter & I would have expected on past experience to be 100w at least.

D

Deleted member 26715

Switched off my panels, switched off the inverter, switched on inverter, switched on panels, now producing 180w maybe I should have done that yesterday

Alex321

Guru
Switched off my panels, switched off the inverter, switched on inverter, switched on panels, now producing 180w maybe I should have done that yesterday

That doesn't sound like a good system, if that is something you are likely to have to do :sad:

It should handle any errors automatically.

jowwy

yeh i wouldnt want to be going into my attic to reset things.....but on my app, there is an alarm function that would alert me of issues on the system

D

Deleted member 26715

No idea if it was the right thing to do or not, but it had been on 20W since yesterday morning, no alarms on it, but it appears to have done the trick, it's now producing 200w which for the grey day seems about right.

TBH it was one of the reasons I don't like to have anything electronic installed in the loft, they always need reseting at some point, I have our router, a switch, a networked HDD all up in the loft & they are a RPITA after a powercut.

Top Bottom