Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
As soon as i click that on the ipad it just goes to the app…….but both apps on phone and ipad as me as disconnected, im guessing its because im not producing any solar as its pretty thick dark clouds around here right now

You should still be able to get into the app and look at the data regardless of solar production.

D

Deleted member 26715

Looks like it could be my first no production day in 2 months, it's grey & miserable here, the weather is much the same

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Looks like it could be my first no production day in 2 months, it's grey & miserable here, the weather is much the same

it was grey and miserable here yesterday and we produced 6.1kwh on our first day of production.......

Alex321

Guru

Even on a cloudy day, you should produce something. Though right now, ours is only producing 280W. Though that is still charging the battery (slowly!), as we are only using 120W. Most of which is probably the screen connected to my laptop.

D

Deleted member 26715

Yeah actually I was/am wrong, it's producing something, it was charging the battery a little after our usage, but just switched the laptop charger on & that has now stopped

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yeah actually I was/am wrong, it's producing something, it was charging the battery a little after our usage, but just switched the laptop charger on & that has now stopped

we are just hitting 500watts now.....and it still pretty cloudy out

D

Deleted member 26715

we are just hitting 500watts now.....and it still pretty cloudy out

It says we've only produced 0.1kWh all day, I do hope I have the correct acronym I don't want to upset the pendants

kipster

Guru
I've only done 3.1kWh today, but the rain has just stopped and there is some blue sky about so I'm hoping to get a little bit more.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
1.2 kWh for me today from a 6.4 kWh system, I don't think my batteries will last until cheap electricity tonight. I am on 72% and my daughter has just surfaced from her bed so I suspect it is going to dip quickly.

Alex321

Guru
It says we've only produced 0.1kWh all day, I do hope I have the correct acronym I don't want to upset the pendants

The Solaredge app gives that in what seems to me to be a rather odd way.

Anything going into the battery isn't counted as "production". It only counts as production when it is consumed or exported. But that then includes anything consumed from the battery.

So if your battery was low at the start of the day, it will be showing "production" as far less than the panels have actually generated, and then that "production" will continue to increase after it is dark, when you are drawing power from the battery.

Just had my quote from the council run solar panel auction.

6.5k for 12 panels etc

5k for a 7kwh battery or 6k for a 10kwh battery.

Doesn't sound too bad to me ?

Top Bottom