Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have just had a mail from Octopus saying that I cannot have Outgoing and Go at the same time (which kind of makes sense), but I need to sign up to the SEG. However, my dashboard seems to show that it is almost fully setup. I am not sure what to do.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My mpan (sse) took about 3 weeks to come through, then about another 4 days for octopus to do their bit.

Whats the MPAN??? My solar is being fitted tuesday, is it something they will give me at the time???

kipster

Guru
Whats the MPAN??? My solar is being fitted tuesday, is it something they will give me at the time???

Once you've got all the certs you submit them to set up the SEG. Your energy company will submit a request for the mpan (it's the meter export number, you will have one on your bill for import already). Once they have the mpan for export they can register your meter with them for export.

jowwy

Once you've got all the certs you submit them to set up the SEG. Your energy company will submit a request for the mpan (it's the meter export number, you will have one on your bill for import already). Once they have the mpan for export they can register your meter with them for export.

So i only need the mcs then, as my system is only 3.2kw, so i dont need dno permission….i only have to notify them after fitting.

kipster

Guru
So i only need the mcs then, as my system is only 3.2kw, so i dont need dno permission….i only have to notify them after fitting.

Yep, once they are notified by your installer (or you) they give you an acknowledgement, that gets submitted with the MCS cert when setting up the SEG and the supplier takes care of the rest.

jowwy

Yep, once they are notified by your installer (or you) they give you an acknowledgement, that gets submitted with the MCS cert when setting up the SEG and the supplier takes care of the rest.

good, cause i'm gonna be exporting a lot with no battery....but with the 15p rate it should help pay the evening and night time electric use

jowwy

What import tariff are you going for?

octopus flexi tariff, so protected by the price cap.....

CXRAndy

Guru
 Currently electricity suppliers are accepting on face value that if you say you have an EV, it is so.

Regarding a battery back up instead of an EV, again it's identical to a car for load- just capacity is less
:biggrin:

jowwy

Big Day at Jowwy Towers tomorrow…..the big black slabs are being fitted.

Top Bottom