Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have gone withEDF for the SEG
would have used Octopus instead but our fixed deal for grid energy is far too good to make changing worth while

and hopefully we will not export all that much once the batteries arrive

Alex321

Guru
Battery has now been delivered, installation on Monday.

How do you figure out who to ask to quote and install? Last installer never sent a quote, seemed to want to do bigger or easier buildings.

I just looked around form any company in the local area and asked about 5 for quotes

Not as easy as I make it sound as I tried a few years ago and no-one wanted to quote - one person rang up to do a 'telephone survey' then refused to quote when he noticed there were trees at the bottom of the garden - which wasn;t a problem as they never shade the roof but he wouldn;t be told!

Also look for recommendations for local firms on things like local Facebook groups and Nextdoor

You could also look or local houses that have panels and drop a note through the door asking them if they can recommend the installer

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I tried about 15 companies - quotes from 4, about 6 or 7 totally ignored me. I think the company I used work nationally if you want a recommendation.

Gillstay

Veteran
I'm not using the iboost at the moment for the same reason, well that and the hot water tank (227l) didn't last with four adults in the house on just the solar excess.

Our mixergy tank is doing very well. much improved on just a normal tank and iboost. Very pleased.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
anyone got a referral code - i have one if someone wants it

https://share.octopus.energy/pink-camel-127

Milkfloat

An Peanut
is anyone signed up to the octopus outgoing at 15p yet???

Signed up but waiting for it to go live, been about a week so far. Latest stage claims to be
"Enabling Export Functionality
We are now connecting to your smart meter in order to receive half-hourly export data. Once this is complete we can start crediting you."

It is certainly not an instant process.

Buying at 7.5p and selling back at 15p has it attractions.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Signed up but waiting for it to go live, been about a week so far. Latest stage claims to be
"Enabling Export Functionality
We are now connecting to your smart meter in order to receive half-hourly export data. Once this is complete we can start crediting you."

It is certainly not an instant process.

Buying at 7.5p and selling back at 15p has it attractions.

do they need the half hour readings for the fixed price?? i thought that was only for the outgoing agile??

D

Deleted member 26715

I have applied but still waiting for MPAN to come from the DNO

Alex321

Guru
is anyone signed up to the octopus outgoing at 15p yet???

I've applied for the outgoing agile, and am waiting for the MPAN at the moment. Battery is now full, so we are exporting at the moment. If I was home, I'd be turning on the immersion (Eddi being installed next Tuesday).

Top Bottom