Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I find this is better at explaining the octopus export stuff

https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-agile-outgoing-export/

Cheers for that kipster, once im fitted i will give them a call and get switched…..

D

Deleted member 26715

I've been trying to get switched, but they aren't letting you do it online at the moment, so I need to call them tomorrow.

They respond on Twitter, I created an account just to talk to them, they seem to respond quickly, far quicker than email

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
im hoping that if i can get on octopus fixed at 15p/kwh that i will be able to export enough to mitigate my small import and never have an electric bill.....as i dont have a battery

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I went live on a regular Octopus contract today (took 3 days). I am hoping that my requested switch to 'Go' occurs before presumed further price rises at the start of Oct due to the cap lifting. I am also hoping that I can be on the fixed export tariff too. If I get enough batteries I can buy at 7.5p and sell back at 15p.

Alex321

Guru
I went live on a regular Octopus contract today (took 3 days). I am hoping that my requested switch to 'Go' occurs before presumed further price rises at the start of Oct due to the cap lifting. I am also hoping that I can be on the fixed export tariff too. If I get enough batteries I can buy at 7.5p and sell back at 15p.

I've just transferred to Octopus too, having phoned them this afternoon. Takes effect on Saturday, then I can switch to agile online. The battery should be installed on Monday, so we should only have a couple of days taking any import from them before we have the battery to see us through the nights.

Hopefully it will only be a fairly small number of days each winter where we need any import at all - their customer services guy was surprised when I told him how big a system we have.

kipster

Guru
As there are few people looking at octopus and others on here already with them it might be be worth asking for referral codes. Each party will get £50 credited to the account for each referral.

D

Deleted member 26715

As there are few people looking at octopus and others on here already with them it might be be worth asking for referral codes. Each party will get £50 credited to the account for each referral.

If anybody does want one, I have one here :tongue:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am still giving away my export - 7kWh today, but I did fill the batteries to 100% from 10%. I put a smart switch on my immersion which I sometimes trigger when production is really high. If I get 15p per kWh export I don't think it will get used much as gas is much cheaper to buy.

kipster

Guru
I am still giving away my export - 7kWh today, but I did fill the batteries to 100% from 10%. I put a smart switch on my immersion which I sometimes trigger when production is really high. If I get 15p per kWh export I don't think it will get used much as gas is much cheaper to buy.

I'm not using the iboost at the moment for the same reason, well that and the hot water tank (227l) didn't last with four adults in the house on just the solar excess.

Top Bottom