Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It is very likely that regardless of how full it is, it can only charge at a certain maximum current, which when multiplied by the voltage translates to it taking a maximum power.

But 1Kw seems awfully low for that. I believe most solar battery systems have. Charge/discharge rate more between 2Kw and 4Kw.
[EDIT] And according to the above, his should have a maximum rate of 3600w

Yup, that is my worry that somehow it is set in the hardware at 1 or 1.2 kW charge power.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Had a good chat to a seemingly knowledgably trouble-shooter from the fitting company. He says that the dashboard cannot really be believed over short periods of time as the system is continually adjusting and balancing the inputs and outputs and after big sudden changes will dump/pull to/from a variety of sources. This seems plausible to me and when I look at the longer term side of things the it all looks fairly normal.

Some of my other questions regarding firmware updates and battery monitoring remain unanswered but he did promise to get back to me when he had spoken to the manufacturer. I was however told I would get an EPS socket added by the salesman, but he said that they don't do that so I would have to do it myself, which is simple enough. I might leave until I actually need it though rather than bringing down the whole system to wire it in.

D

Deleted member 26715

I was however told I would get an EPS socket added by the salesman, but he said that they don't do that so I would have to do it myself, which is simple enough. I might leave until I actually need it though rather than bringing down the whole system to wire it in.
I would be hanging on for them to fit what they quoted, if you go into the Inverter to wire a socket you are leaving yourself open to invalidating the warranty claims. I have a query over the way ours will work, I was assured that in the even of failure our power would stay on up the the capability of the battery, I was expecting either a manual or automatic isolation switch, but he is claiming it's not required. Currently I don't see how all our stored electricity will not be just sucked straight up the road, but waiting until it's fully commissioned before further questions.

Our is still not up & running correctly the panels are producing electricity which we are using, but the battery charger is still not talking to the battery as the firmware on the charger & battery are different, they have fitted the dongle to the charger but all attempts to talk to it have failed, they need a Growatt installers code, the ones they have registered to them don't work.

D

Deleted member 26715

Very wordy & he likes the sound of his voice but then again he is a barrister but it's worth a watch, there is a 2nd one about panels but I've not watched it yet.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I would be hanging on for them to fit what they quoted, if you go into the Inverter to wire a socket you are leaving yourself open to invalidating the warranty claims. I have a query over the way ours will work, I was assured that in the even of failure our power would stay on up the the capability of the battery, I was expecting either a manual or automatic isolation switch, but he is claiming it's not required. Currently I don't see how all our stored electricity will not be just sucked straight up the road, but waiting until it's fully commissioned before further questions.

Our is still not up & running correctly the panels are producing electricity which we are using, but the battery charger is still not talking to the battery as the firmware on the charger & battery are different, they have fitted the dongle to the charger but all attempts to talk to it have failed, they need a Growatt installers code, the ones they have registered to them don't work.

is it all working properly now??

D

Deleted member 26715

is it all working properly now??

Hopefully within the hour, I got the datalogger onto the WiFi this morning, but there was still a communication problem, although I can now see what's going in & out of the system. But the software on the inverter is still wrong, so I've just been on the phone with Growatt & they have made the inverter ask for an upgrade or they are forcing an upgrade not 100% sure. But will let you know

jowwy

Just signed my contract, will drop the deposit tmrw………its game time

jowwy

Just put a solar panel on the roof of my man cave……got a 20amp renogy rover mppt solar charger, 130ah deep cycle leisure battery, 12v fuse box and 300watt 12v inverter. Going to set it all up to charge tool batteries, ebikes, lighting etc etc

Buck

Guru
The survey was done last weekend for us. Seemed pretty comprehensive including using a commercial drone for a full aerial survey. surveyor said “nice and straight forward” and we’ve had an update to say the design team are finalising optimal layout etc.
The challenge is lack of stock so no install date just yet !

kipster

Guru
I have a fitting date for the 4th October…….so approx 6wks from when i first got my quote, to fitting

Not bad.

I'm hopefully in the last day or so before my export tariff goes live. It's been a bit of a slog to get the paperwork from the installer to getting the export mpan but fingers crossed it all goes live tomorrow.

So far I've exported 1200kwh for free.

I went with Octopus export agile but now see that octopus have put up their fixed export tarrifs to 15p per kwh.

jowwy

Not bad.

I'm hopefully in the last day or so before my export tariff goes live. It's been a bit of a slog to get the paperwork from the installer to getting the export mpan but fingers crossed it all goes live tomorrow.

So far I've exported 1200kwh for free.

I went with Octopus export agile but now see that octopus have put up their fixed export tarrifs to 15p per kwh.

Were are you seeing the octopus export tarrifs…..i only found the 5p/kwh one yesterday

kipster

Guru
Top Bottom