Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Doing nothing at the moment as the temperatures are minus even during the day and roads not well gritted. Roll on the spring!

Glad I am not the only one - really fed up with the cold and not getting out. Just after midnight last night we was down to -8 and by noon today we had just got up to +1. As I type we are sitting back at -1.5.

Not good cycling weather!

Kins

Über Member
Took my step brother out for a little pootle today, didn't last long, he got cold very quickly so we turned back after 10-15 minutes. Really is brass monkey weather out there.

Just a general question - has anyone noticed how what they eat affects how they cycle? I have noticed that I find cycling easier in the mornings if I have a big bowl of porridge for breakfast as opposed to toast or other cereal types. Anyone else got any meal/food tips?
Always have porridge when I am going for a ride and I prefer am rides.
Roll on the spring!

RWright

Guru
I am taking a day off as well. It is raining and 7c. The forecasters struggle here this time of year. They had called for it to be quite a bit warmer than it is today. Now they are calling for a winter storm watch in parts of my state, not my area, just cooler and some rain here tomorrow, which previously was supposed to be clear and warmer. :rolleyes:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
35min blast on the turbo earlier. Can't see me being out till the ice clears and temperatures are back to above 0

I slapped ice tyres on the bike on Saturday and have done 95 miles so far this week commuting to and from work. Will hit my monthly mileage target tonight if I do 10 miles home.

Main roads around Leicester have been clear and the weather forecast for tomorrow is better so you should be okay over the weekend. I have seen a few racers on slicks this week but not many.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I am taking a day off as well. It is raining and 7c. The forecasters struggle here this time of year. They had called for it to be quite a bit warmer than it is today. Now they are calling for a winter storm watch in parts of my state, not my area, just cooler and some rain here tomorrow, which previously was supposed to be clear and warmer. :rolleyes:

7c that is shorts and tee shirt weather ^_^

Sally McSorley

Regular
Glad I am not the only one - really fed up with the cold and not getting out. Just after midnight last night we was down to -8 and by noon today we had just got up to +1. As I type we are sitting back at -1.5.

Not good cycling weather!

Tell me about it. I went out for an hour or so yesterday and it was quite icy in places. I thought it had all thawed out but I soon realised I was wrong, lol, don't think i will be doing a ride like that again. I bought a turbo trainer in halfords though, they have a great one in the sale, almost half price, and it is fabulous, so will be making good use of that.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well I managed a quick 13 miles but boy was it cold. Fingers went really numb and sore and couldn't wait to get home. Still glad I got out though. May be the last for a few days at least if the forecast is correct. Mucked up the Garmin somehow though and didn't record it :rolleyes:

Have spent the rest of the morning removing both wheels and giving things a clean and fitted new mudguards. Front isn't sitting right though and I'm going to have to do more work once I have walked the dog. Going to have to cut a bit of the stays I think. Hope the bolt cutters I bought are up to the job!

RWright

Guru
I just got in from 14 miles, it was a little warmer than yesterday and misty rain, they are now calling for possible winter storms in my area tonight, maybe even thundersnow. I hope we do get thundersnow and I am awake for it. I might ride 5 or 10 miles in it just to say I have done it. ^_^

Edit: This storm now approaching is bringing some serious COLD wind. I will not be going outside, much less riding. :ohmy: I am now hoping I don't lose power!

Awww guys really touched you missed me, but you guessed it been using the camera.
8386727901_607d328eac_m.jpg
Mazda by nigelnaturist, on Flickr
8376843077_ecbe6cf0e1_m.jpg
The Fox by nigelnaturist, on Flickr
8371074266_db385c656c_m.jpg
Pontefract Castle by nigelnaturist, on Flickr

The last one is a model in the museum here of Pontefract castle as it would have been about 600 years ago.

But speaking of bikes I have to go and get out.
The other reason I haven't been out I needed a new front tyre and rear brake blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom