Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
I'm starting on 15 mile rides, once I get my bike. Anyone know how much I should push up to longer miles and by how many each time?
e.g 15 miles then push to 20miles, then 25 etc. etc.

Keep in mind I haven't rode in 4 months.

Cheers.

Reece

Veteran
I'm starting on 15 mile rides, once I get my bike. Anyone know how much I should push up to longer miles and by how many each time?

Cheers.
Just go with what feels comfortable. Don't worry about speed if you want to get distances up straight off.

I started at single rides of 14, then 20, then 25miles then jumped straight into 53miles (my fourth ride) once a week for about 2months then went all out and did 91miles.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Cheers.

If you can do 15 miles you can do 20 or 25. The biggest problem is having the time to do the larger the distances.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
More than welcome to just turn up. Just start with the 10am Sunday ride that's 23miles but we stick as a group and no one gets left behind. We also stop at a cafe for coffee and cake after 15miles. We meet desford crossroads for 10am (best to be 5mins early).

I started with the 10am social ride and we have a great turn out and very friendly group.

Cheers.

Again just a short ride, but I have achieved my goal of carrying the camera to take pictures.

_MG_8718-Edit-Edit.jpg

Not what I intended mind but goal achieved.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Not been on here for a while due to work, a trip to France to watch rugby, Christmas and loads of other excuses.

I struggled to get out on the bike early in December but Christmas has give me more time to ride so I've done 75 miles this week even with Christmas and Boxing Day off.

I started riding regularly at the end of September. I've done 50 rides covering 851 miles in 67 hours.

That's an average ride of 17 miles at an average of 12.7 mph. I've lost over 2 stone in that time. Still over 20 st so not bad for a fat bloke.

Thanks for your support, happy New Year to you all.

:smile:

Kins

Über Member
Bits and pieces. As my bike is my transport as well I decided to roughly calc (no comp or interest in one) what I travel on a busy day and was surprised to find I'd done nearly 12 miles.

Maybe I wont turn down a 10 mile ride with acquaintances next time, though I may hold them up as they have "proper" bikes. :laugh:

Lovely pic Nigel.

Bits and pieces. As my bike is my transport as well I decided to roughly calc (no comp or interest in one) what I travel on a busy day and was surprised to find I'd done nearly 12 miles.

Maybe I wont turn down a 10 mile ride with acquaintances next time, though I may hold them up as they have "proper" bikes. :laugh:

Lovely pic Nigel.
Thanks.
Just keep at it the miles will increase, it doesn't really matter what you ride.

Finally had a chance to try out my new Turbo trainer today. For loads of reasons not been able to get on a bike for 6 weeks or so but I heeded all the advice about sweating and boredom so set the trainer up in my garage, laptop in front showing Mrs Browns Xmas special on th iplayer! It was great, time flew and yes I did sweat like a proper pig. Start of things to come for 2013. Out on the road tomorrow then back into the routine proper from there I hope.
All the best to us '2012 Newbies' for 2013, lets hope it's a good one.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom