Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reece

Veteran
Well I hope everyone had a nice break or not, I took a little while off, been doing some pictures, anyway I went out this aft for a short ride, basically to check out the cadence sensor Santa brought, anyway I got 7 p.b.'s but what did surprise me where the speeds I was doing the sections on, the overall ride wasn't very long, which helped, I also tackled a short but steep climb and joy of joy's I finally managed to get back up to an avg of 14mph.
http://app.strava.com/activities/34224191
Nice one Nigel.

Hope you're Xmas as been a good one.

How you getting on with the cadence sensor? I've decide to upgrade to a garmin edge 800 as going to train more seriously from the new year for my sportives and thougr the candence and HRM sensors.

AndyPeace

http://app.strava.com/activities/34197253

My first metric centuary 100km :smile: I didn't make the avg speed I hoped possibly to my uncanny ability to get lost, even with a sat nav, though I suspect even if I had made the orignal route it wouldn't have been anymore than 14mph ( I was heading to Glouster, but it all got a little chaos comming though the city center :eek:). Was expecting rain, so started in full wet weather gear, but got sunshine... feet and hands were really numb by 30 miles, managed to rub the pain out of my hands but not my feet. Many nice country lanes and views of burst river's, streams and brooks.

Nice one Nigel.

Hope you're Xmas as been a good one.

How you getting on with the cadence sensor? I've decide to upgrade to a garmin edge 800 as going to train more seriously from the new year for my sportives and thougr the candence and HRM sensors.
Yea seemed good, I will see how it goes on in the next few rides, this one was a little mix-match of a ride, just wanted to test it out, got some new leggings as well, which i think made the difference, i was quite pleased with this one.
http://app.strava.com/activities/34224191#565329237,
just over 2 mph quicker over the 3.2 miles.

My first metric centuary 100km :smile: I didn't make the avg speed I hoped possibly to my uncanny ability to get lost, even with a sat nav, though I suspect even if I had made the orignal route it wouldn't have been anymore than 14mph ( I was heading to Glouster, but it all got a little chaos comming though the city center :eek:). Was expecting rain, so started in full wet weather gear, but got sunshine... feet and hands were really numb by 30 miles, managed to rub the pain out of my hands but not my feet. Many nice country lanes and views of burst river's, streams and brooks.
Well done, Andy.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Well done

AndyPeace

Nice one Andy in the 100km. 100 miles next or are you aiming at a different target?

Cheers. My next big ride is 75miles, as I'd like to make Worcester to Chinnor, Oxfordshire. Not sure if I have the 'time' but am hoping to make it this weekend! Of course I'd have to be prepared to come back too, though not until the following day. It would push my week's millage to around 230 miles, which would be alot more than what I ussually do!
Main cycling goal for 2013 is to get some miles in abroad!
Merry christmas

Reece

Veteran
Cheers. My next big ride is 75miles, as I'd like to make Worcester to Chinnor, Oxfordshire. Not sure if I have the 'time' but am hoping to make it this weekend! Of course I'd have to be prepared to come back too, though not until the following day. It would push my week's millage to around 230 miles, which would be alot more than what I ussually do!
Main cycling goal for 2013 is to get some miles in abroad!
Merry christmas
Cool. 75miles won't be a problem. Just remember to keep hydrated and eat good energy food every 30-45mins.

You have my problem to though. I'd love to get alot of long distances rides done but finding time is the issue.

simmi

Über Member

Well done AndyPeace:bravo:great achivement, only did mine last week so know how you feel.
Didn't do mine as fast as I was hoping 14mph from memory, but at the end of the day your first 100k is not a speed thing, it's all about distance.

RWright

Guru
Too bad about the puncture Nigel.

I just did my basic 10 mile route again. I have been working on my bikes, trying to get them dialed in a little better. It is normally late by the time I realize it will be dark soon. My bikes are all down to bare essentials at the moment. No lights, saddlebags, ect. The dining area of my kitchen looks like a bike shop. :rolleyes:

Too bad about the puncture Nigel.

I just did my basic 10 mile route again. I have been working on my bikes, trying to get them dialed in a little better. It is normally late by the time I realize it will be dark soon. My bikes are all down to bare essentials at the moment. No lights, saddlebags, ect. The dining area of my kitchen looks like a bike shop. :rolleyes:
I would get shot if ours was like that. it wasn't too bad carry a couple of spare tubes, and I remembered my levers this time less then 20 mins and back on the road.

Still the nights are getting shorter now, and both ends of the day, ( for some reason, tilt of the earth I expect, it continues to get shorter in the morning for about a wk, I think) though it is now lengthening both ends.

simmi

Über Member
Still the nights are getting shorter now, and both ends of the day, ( for some reason, tilt of the earth I expect, it continues to get shorter in the morning for about a wk, I think) though it is now lengthening both ends.

With the great Partick Moore now sadly gone, I think there might be an opening for you Nigel;)

I keep a paper log of all workouts I do be it bike,run, crosstraining or whatever.

Was just looking back over it at my first cycle ride, which was on my lads hybrid.

7th september 12.5 miles in 1:03:40 which is 11.8 mph.

On that first ride I remeber a guy going past me as if I was stood stiil and my mixed feelings of annoyance, envy and admiration.

Less than 4 months later have done 25 miles at 17mph and have gone past others in the same way!

I am now that guy^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom