Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reece

Veteran
Better than me. I just popped to B&Q in Wigston to get some light bulbs. Did 12.4 miles at average 15.83mph. Only problem was I got the wrong bulbs, our lass is taking them back.

Countersthorpe Road is still blocked, but Mill Lane is clear now, very windy again
Winds were my downfall. Worst flood was a foot of water out Huncote way that we rode through.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Absolutely pooring down here and has been all morning. As everything was completed on the Christmas list I had a pass out for an extended ride, typical!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Same here. Our lass is taking the kids to see The Hobbit this afternoon, so I have three hours free, but it is coming down in buckets. Stupid thing is, if I was at work, I would jump straight on the bike and do 15 miles without question.

Kins

Über Member
2 quick trips out today, first one was overcast but actually quite nice. No wind, not cold and not to much spray. 2nd chucking it down and just to add insult to wetness, a car did a nice big puddle splash all over me. He did stop to be fair and apologise, but literally a 20 minute ride and half drowned. :sad:

Crosstrailer

Bike has had a full and thorough clean and polish today after yesterdays rain and mud, well it had to have if it wanted to continue living in the dining room.......

Kins

Über Member
Bike has had a full and thorough clean and polish today after yesterdays rain and mud, well it had to have if it wanted to continue living in the dining room.......

Mines in the hall if you wanna come do it, free cup of tea and a bickie!

RWright

Guru
Got my riding gear on, walked out the door with the bike and it had just started raining :sad: My rain bike is down for repairs, cleaning ect. :thumbsup: and my good bike was just a little too clean for me to take it out. No ride for me today but I think I may make my "Christmas rounds" on my bike tomorrow. Merry Christmas and I hope everyone gets the toys they want

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Happy Christmas everyone!

A Christmas miracle happened today - at 1.30 pm it stopped raining for the first time in 4 days! (in the daylight anyway). So I took my opportunity and did a 23 miler before it started again!

http://app.strava.com/activities/33903593

Hope you're all having a great day and got some good presents. I got a Garmin Edge 500 premium, I didn't have time to get it ready for the ride today but should have it up and running for my next ride. Lord knows when that'll be though as there's rain forecast for the next 5 days!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've decided whatever the weather tomorrow, I am going for a ride in the morning. Also I think I have decided on my road bike, going to go for a Specialized Allez Elite, though I still need to lose at least another stone before I can treat myself.

Reece

Veteran
Happy Christmas everyone!

A Christmas miracle happened today - at 1.30 pm it stopped raining for the first time in 4 days! (in the daylight anyway). So I took my opportunity and did a 23 miler before it started again!

http://app.strava.com/activities/33903593

Hope you're all having a great day and got some good presents. I got a Garmin Edge 500 premium, I didn't have time to get it ready for the ride today but should have it up and running for my next ride. Lord knows when that'll be though as there's rain forecast for the next 5 days!

Nice one mate.

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for about 30miles. Weather forecast doesn't look to bad so fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom